Thread: Article: A Semi-Professional Opinion: Top 5 Pass Rushers

Blog Entries

Article: A Semi-Professional Opinion: Top 5 Pass Rushers

"Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Very interesting that you have Coples so high. OK, I guess that's pretty much agreed upon, but I'm not sold on him for some reason. Can't argue that he's rated highest, but there are a number of players we've said that about in the past that have ended up as busts. I just don't have a hunch with him (how's that for expert analysis!)

My favorites in this draft are Upshaw, Jones, and Mercilus. I'm not saying Jones and Mercilus should be overdrafted in the early first, or even ahead of Coples or Ingram, but especially with Jones, I love the pass rushing upside. The other guy I do like that you mentioned as a bit of a sleeper is Vinny Curry.

I'm on Ingram and Curry. The rest look to me like good-not-great at best. The only thing about Curry that bothers me is the apparent difference in conditioning between combine and pro day, when he had more time to get ready for the combine. Gotta remember they're kids, so I am choosing to let it slide. I think they ill be the two best pass rushers in this draft, because I don't know whether Bobby Wagner will play inside or out. Next tier for me starts with Shea McLellin. I don't really have a feel for Mercilus, to be honest, so I don't mention him at all.

Blog Entries
    Coples & Perry will do well, I believe. I notice how some USC players of the past have been noted for not being big NFL stars like Matt Leinart but Kalil & Perry have the chance to turn that around. Notice these are defensive dudes too; lol. Good Picks.