Thread: Who is the new Arkansas (Interim) HC? This guy...

Blog Entries

Who is the new Arkansas (Interim) HC? This guy...

Awe. Some.
    Last edited by Trumpetbdw; 04-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Can you handle some more John L. Smith?

College football is just a little better today than it was yesterday. Welcome back, John L.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Welcome back to the fray, John L. Good luck to you while you are getting your tail smacked by fellow former Sparty HC Nick Saban.

^That matchup will be amusing. John L's Puff & Fluff offense against the Nicktator's "D"? Yeah. Good luck with that. Take the Tide and the under every time.

Yes John L., I'm ripping on you...

...and you're screwing it up!!!!
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I don't know what is more amusing to me, the sheer fact that JLS is coaching, or the fact that he's now coaching in the $EC. My freshman year was his last year as the coach of the Spartans, and I think the following is a very fair reflection of MSU's season that year.

Enjoy your 6-7 season, Arkansas.

EDIT: Part 2 of the rant has a little more of the coaching blunders of the game. Also, I was at that game, I can confirm everything said in the rant as true and not an overreaction.

Last edited by DaBearsFan; 04-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.

^Brutal game, that. I watched that game and I, too, will confirm Valenti's (white guy in the pic above, host of the show) assessment was not an overreaction. If anything Mikey boy was kind in his criticism.

John L. in the SEC?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Obviously, Arkansas going with a popular and familiar face since this is a bad time of the year to be shopping for a coach. Smith sure did bone Weber State, though.

Smith talked with his Weber St. players. Don't think there are any hard feelings over there. They have to understand that the SEC is more prolific than the Big Sky.

But there's no way he'll still be there after the upcoming season. He's their Luke Fickell. They'll recruit another coach during the season. They just needed someone who knew the players.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Smith talked with his Weber St. players. Don't think there are any hard feelings over there. They have to understand that the SEC is more prolific than the Big Sky.

But there's no way he'll still be there after the upcoming season. He's their Luke Fickell. They'll recruit another coach during the season. They just needed someone who knew the players.
    Yeah, good example. Luke Fickell. Or Bill Stewart. Sure sounds like Smith hopes to make it stick, though.

Depending upon how things go this season, I wonder whether Arkansas State might find itself looking for a new head coach in January.

It should be noted that J.L. Smith is Alex Smith's uncle.

Yes, that Alex Smith.

Arkansas is screwed.