Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Collins done

Nick Collins done

Packers expected to release him. Neck injury was a career ended. Sad :'(
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Hard news to hear, but it's probably for the best. My understanding is he went to several doctors and the Packers never got quite comfortable with the news they were hearing regarding whether he should resume his career or not. Tough break for such a talented player.

3. The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
    The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.
    I hope he takes the advice and retires but am afraid he might not. I'd like not to have the memory of his pick 6 in the SuperBowl soured by a future injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
    The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.
    Not the first time the pack dealt with losing a key player to a similar injury. Sterling Sharpe, would likely have been an all time great, if not for his unfortunate injury. Totally sucks for Collins, especially considering the packs secondary set records for their sucktitude.

Good luck to Collins in his post NFL life..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Not the first time the pack dealt with losing a key player to a similar injury. Sterling Sharpe, would likely have been an all time great, if not for his unfortunate injury. Totally sucks for Collins, especially considering the packs secondary set records for their sucktitude.

Good luck to Collins in his post NFL life..
    Man, as a kid, Sterling was my man-crush! damn injuries

Don't forget LeRoy Butler...he had to retire after breaking his left shoulderblade, and it never healed right.

Injuries end careers in this business all the time. I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he does well going forward.

Good on the Pack for releasing him so he can sign elsewhere if he wishes. I don't blame them for not being comfortable suiting him back up again either.

Good to see people coming first.

I'll never forget Roland Mitchell's last play as a Packer. You could see the force of the hit rippling through his body. Never played again. I believe that it happened about the same time that Johnny Holland and Sterling's careers both ended, all for neck injuries. It's a violent sport and I wish Nick Collins the best. I think that the Packers made the right move for their conscience, but it sounds like doctors pretty unanimously believe that his type of injury is quite safe to play with so I'd be just fine with seeing Nick playing in another uniform....just hopefully not the behorned purple folks to the west of GB.
    Last edited by ElGuapo; 05-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
    I'll never forget Roland Mitchell's last play as a Packer. You could see the force of the hit rippling through his body. Never played again. I believe that it happened about the same time that Johnny Holland and Sterling's careers both ended, all for neck injuries. It's a violent sport and I wish Nick Collins the best. I think that the Packers made the right move for their conscience, but it sounds like doctors pretty unanimously believe that his type of injury is quite safe to play with so I'd be just fine with seeing Nick playing in another uniform....just hopefully not the behorned purple folks to the west of GB.
    Screw the Viqueens?

Screw the Viqueens.

Welcome, Guap. Used to read your stuff over at NFP occasionally. Nice to see some folks bailing on that site. They don't do near enough to keep their natives from getting restless.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.