Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Nick Collins done

  1. #1

    Nick Collins done

    Packers expected to release him. Neck injury was a career ended. Sad :'(
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    3,406
    Hard news to hear, but it's probably for the best. My understanding is he went to several doctors and the Packers never got quite comfortable with the news they were hearing regarding whether he should resume his career or not. Tough break for such a talented player.

  3. The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
    The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.
    I hope he takes the advice and retires but am afraid he might not. I'd like not to have the memory of his pick 6 in the SuperBowl soured by a future injury.

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
    The game can definitely be cold. You have to realize and respect the fact that neck injuries are no joke. There is life after football and Nick Collins just gets to start his life after football a little sooner than he expected.
    Not the first time the pack dealt with losing a key player to a similar injury. Sterling Sharpe, would likely have been an all time great, if not for his unfortunate injury. Totally sucks for Collins, especially considering the packs secondary set records for their sucktitude.

    Good luck to Collins in his post NFL life..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Not the first time the pack dealt with losing a key player to a similar injury. Sterling Sharpe, would likely have been an all time great, if not for his unfortunate injury. Totally sucks for Collins, especially considering the packs secondary set records for their sucktitude.

    Good luck to Collins in his post NFL life..
    Man, as a kid, Sterling was my man-crush! damn injuries
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  7. #7
       
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida-ish
    Posts
    38
    Don't forget LeRoy Butler...he had to retire after breaking his left shoulderblade, and it never healed right.

    Injuries end careers in this business all the time. I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he does well going forward.

    Good on the Pack for releasing him so he can sign elsewhere if he wishes. I don't blame them for not being comfortable suiting him back up again either.

  8. #8
    Good to see people coming first.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Land of 20,000 Lakes
    Posts
    119
    I'll never forget Roland Mitchell's last play as a Packer. You could see the force of the hit rippling through his body. Never played again. I believe that it happened about the same time that Johnny Holland and Sterling's careers both ended, all for neck injuries. It's a violent sport and I wish Nick Collins the best. I think that the Packers made the right move for their conscience, but it sounds like doctors pretty unanimously believe that his type of injury is quite safe to play with so I'd be just fine with seeing Nick playing in another uniform....just hopefully not the behorned purple folks to the west of GB.
    Last edited by ElGuapo; 05-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
    I'll never forget Roland Mitchell's last play as a Packer. You could see the force of the hit rippling through his body. Never played again. I believe that it happened about the same time that Johnny Holland and Sterling's careers both ended, all for neck injuries. It's a violent sport and I wish Nick Collins the best. I think that the Packers made the right move for their conscience, but it sounds like doctors pretty unanimously believe that his type of injury is quite safe to play with so I'd be just fine with seeing Nick playing in another uniform....just hopefully not the behorned purple folks to the west of GB.
    Screw the Viqueens?

    Screw the Viqueens.

    Welcome, Guap. Used to read your stuff over at NFP occasionally. Nice to see some folks bailing on that site. They don't do near enough to keep their natives from getting restless.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Similar Threads

  1. NFP News - Colts place QB Collins on IR
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
  2. NFP News - Collins still bothered by concussion
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 12:50 PM
  3. NFP News - Nick Collins must wait 6 months to know if he can play again
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. NFP News - Packers suffer major loss, losing safety Nick Collins for year
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 11:01 PM
  5. Collins interception...
    By ScottDCP in forum NFL
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •