Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I interviewed David Fulcher

I always like Fulcher, nice job Vance! How did you get his contact info? Are you stalking ex-Bengals now... going through their garbage?

Blog Entries
    Lol. I met him through Twitter. But that's a good....nevermind.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Lmao poor Vance. Getting accused of stalking ex-Bengals and fielding complaints for a website he doesn't even manage. :P

Did you ask him more than those questions? You asked some awesome interesting questions, but I was disappointed with those responses. He seems like a great guy, but he didn't answer your questions thoroughly. Like the one about which current player most resembles him...anyone who plays safety. Cop out! Lol.

Still dude you got some insane bragging rights AND proof that you interviewed an awesome Bengals player! Congrats!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    I do have other questions that I wish I had asked. I guess, to sound like a 10 year old girl for a moment, I was pretty excited, and wanted to keep it fairly short, because he had some charity events going on. He favorite player answer was a bit of a copout, but I figure he earned one. With the bountygate question, I was surprised TBH that he said what he did. There are some things I wish I had done better, but since it was my first, I'm happy with it. Thanks to everybody for checking it out.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    I've gotta say though, the way the article gets broken into 4 pages, for no reason other than as a medium to introduce a different offensive floating ad, is totally egregious.
    I wasn't going to say it, but as long as someone else did I'll jump on the bandwagon. I never even made it to the interview. After 4 paragraphs split over 2 pages I just closed it. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    I had this problem once before. Re-typing the link helped. Here it is again if you want to take another shot. I'm going to talk to the man in charge today.

http://stripehype.com/2012/04/26/str...david-fulcher/

Dunno what else to say vance. i tried it again and while the interview finally did come up, it took forever. I'll peek in and read your stuff at StripeHype because you are a fellow fipper. But if I were just an average reader, that site would make my avoid at all costs list. Those ads and the insistence of the site's operators to stretch every single piece, no matter the size, over multiple pages just to artificially drive up their hit rate is really friggin' annoying.

Good get on the interview. Maybe you can get him back for a second installment.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

vance I clicked on the re-typed link and it worked. A little slow, but I did not have the problems others have mentioned.
    Congrats on the interview, as said above Fulrock has always been a class act.

Now the question for his former teammates here. I've always been impressed about the high number of guys from the late 80's/early 90's Bengal squads who have gone on the make a difference when their playing days ended. Between media, business success, charities that have made a difference it seems to my small brain a high percentage of those team members were/are high caliber people.
    Is this a trait of most successful teams, or was a coincidence those squads had many players who succeeded at "lifes work"?

Firefox + AdBlock + NoScript. Had no issues with the page whatsoever.

I do think the site layout -- and the page whoring -- is a turnoff. Pity, because I'm sure there's interesting content there.