Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Happy Draft Day Everyone: Hope This Draft Day is More Fun than Mine

The '81 draft was the first one that was televised and someone put 40 minutes of it on youtube in 4 segments http://www.youtube.com/results?rlz=1...-8&sa=N&tab=w1

That was a great draft. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_NFL_Draft . That Jets pick was Marion Barber Sr. After Cris went 37th, the Bears took Mike Singletary 38th. 2 more Hall of Famers later in the 2nd, Howie Long and Rickey Jackson, to go along with 1st round HOFers Lawrence Taylor and Ronnie Lott.

Also there is CC's great combine story.

There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

3. Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Also there is CC's great combine story.

Oh my gosh. Somebody really does keep all of that stuff. That was a fun night telling stories with my boys. Sorry about Greg Cosell....what happened? What is a miscommunication?

Blog Entries
    Great story, but you didn't tell us what happened in the Super Bowl. Did you win?

Quite brave of me, being a Bills fan and all ...

Swami the morning of XXIII it was a group of Bill fans that told us about Stanley Wilson when we walked into a bar for brunch in Ft Lauderdale. The few days we had been there, we'd seen many Bills snowbirds, who were all very nice and fun considering 2 weeks earlier. So when they first told us we figured they were joking, they finally said go inside and look at the TVs, that's when we realized it wasn't a joke. Still think that cost us a Lombardi. Took away the play action fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami View Post
    Great story, but you didn't tell us what happened in the Super Bowl. Did you win?

Quite brave of me, being a Bills fan and all ...

Bigger Super Bowl deflating moment:

Stanley Wilson?
    or
    Falcon safety Eugene Robinson winning the Bart Starr award for "high moral character" then getting arrested for soliciting prostitution from an undercover cop on the night before the 1999 Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Bigger Super Bowl deflating moment:

Stanley Wilson?
    or
    Falcon safety Eugene Robinson winning the Bart Starr award for "high moral character" then getting arrested for soliciting prostitution from an undercover cop on the night before the 1999 Super Bowl?
    Wilson simply because his team had a legit chance to win. If the Falcons had reincarnated Ronnie Lott in his prime a safety would not have helped them beat the Donkeys that day.

I'll toss in Barret Robbins of the Raiders who went AWOL before the SB and turned up with drugs in his system. Then it was subsequently revealed that the poor dude was bipolar. Sad. He ended up going to prison a few years later.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    That's sounds sad but good Cris turned it into a good story for us to hear. That Draft Snub is what helps guys to get that edge & ball harder. Even 5 or so years later! Whatever works.