Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2012 NFL Draft OPen Thread

Your 2012 NFL Draft OPen Thread

Post all your draft thoughts right here. Feel free to join us in the chat as well.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

And the first trade is in. Minnesota looks to be giving their #3 overall pick to the Browns for #4 and a 4th, a 5th & a 7th.

Ahhhhh, it's good to see the Factory of Sadness is back in business.

@JohnClayton

The Vikings now have 13 choices after the trade with Cleveland. The Browns were the main players with 13 before the trade.

The Vikes weren't going to draft Richardson in the first place. Maybe the Browns just needed to get rid of some picks for cap reasons.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Yeah, only ten picks, because we were really counting on that 5th and 7th rounder. They still have a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th (our own). This is a great trade.

That's five picks in the top 100.
    Last edited by mkocs6; 04-26-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    @kocsan

6. Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    @JohnClayton

The Vikings now have 13 choices after the trade with Cleveland. The Browns were the main players with 13 before the trade.
    Look for Minnesota to move up later in the draft. Rarely do teams keep 13 picks.

What's the skinny on Harrison, the Notre Dame safety? I'll bet he's on the board at the end of round one, but would he be too far a reach?

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    Yeah, only ten picks, because we were really counting on that 5th and 7th rounder. They still have a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th (our own). This is a great trade.

That's five picks in the top 100.
    You had 5 picks in the top 100 even before trade. There was no chance the Vikings were going to draft Richardson. If you moved up from 22 to 21, it would have been more reasonable.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Well, yes, I understand we had 5 of the top 100 picks before this, too. I had meant that that did not change.

The Vikings obviously weren't going to take Richardson, but I have no idea if the Vikings had an offer from someone else. I wanted Richardson, and the team did what it needed to do to get him, and avoided giving up a first, second, or third round pick, in this draft or any other. I really don't think it's a bad deal at all.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Also, Matt Kalil's mom is a total MILF.
    @kocsan