Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your 2012 NFL Draft OPen Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    There sure are a lot of players being picked from a bad Illinois team. Looks like a condemnation of Zook's coaching ability but not his recruiting skill.
    ACC in a nutshell...great recruiting, lack of coaching and lack of depth make for bad teams but good individual talent.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

Bill Polian's take on Brock Osweiler was odd. His said NFL history doesn't have any QB's of his height who have been successful. Perhaps that's because there haven't been many 6"7" quarterbacks?

Blog Entries
    People worry too much about history instead of actual skill. I personally think Russell Wilson will be a damn good QB.

Welcome to primetime guys!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Still can't believe the Jags wasted a 3rd rounder on a punter...

Wait..it's the Jags. I'm not surprised at all.
    Tiki Barber doesn't know a damn thing about flabbergasted. A punter in the 3rd round? Gene Smith is a special kind of idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post

Welcome to primetime guys!
    Pretty sweet to get to attend. One of these years ill make the time!!

On a side note I posted my views on the steelers draft so far on the steelers page. It was far too long a post for this thread. I welcome your comments.

I've been travelling the last 2 days, so I've only really paid attention to the steelers and some snippets about the other teams. I read this though.

What 2 new rook teammates have been tased since entering college?

Janoris Jenkins, and the kid from Montana (I think) !! As the bengals right their ship, the rams tilt theirs. Ahh, the league of parity we have.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Tiki Barber doesn't know a damn thing about flabbergasted. A punter in the 3rd round? Gene Smith is a special kind of idiot.
    You're doing gene smith a compliment with your {kind use of words} .. who the hell uses a "money" pick on a frickin punter? Esp when you run a bottom 25% franchise, that can't sell tickets, that we here at FP affectionately refer to as south jacksonville high? And they still have a starting qb who looks as shell shocked with ptsd after his rook campaign, as a war veteran who did multiple tours.. Get out some more tarps...

All those needs, and he burns a top 100 pick on a guy who touches the ball almost never, unless he's holding pat's, if the rest of the team is good. {I'm sure pocket Hercules loved it} Did i mention {gabberts toe is healing nicely}.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Bill Polian's take on Brock Osweiler was odd. His said NFL history doesn't have any QB's of his height who have been successful. Perhaps that's because there haven't been many 6"7" quarterbacks?
    Very much this. Most guys 6'7" that can move and are athletic enough, go to basketball. Lots less possible broken bones there.

packa, you look less douchey than I expected.

So, are you the Rutgers student who called Sanu?

Packa sporting his draft beard. When did you start growing that thing? Right after the Pack lost to the Giants?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.