Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Article: NFL Draft 2012: Cris Collinsworth Hosting Live

Lots of talk in the chat last night about "who won the draft so far". Bengals got some love. So did the Patriots. But there was not a lot of love thrown the Scrams' way. They are looking at three picks in the top of the second round tonight. If they play their cards right, St. Louis is poised to have a very Belichickian draft this year.

Just sayin'.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Lots of talk in the chat last night about "who won the draft so far". Bengals got some love. So did the Patriots. But there was not a lot of love thrown the Scrams' way. They are looking at three picks in the top of the second round tonight. If they play their cards right, St. Louis is poised to have a very Belichickian draft this year.

Just sayin'.
    St. Louis has done a great job accumulating picks. I'm waiting to see what they actually do with them now.

I heard Charlie Casserly say that Tampa Bay was a big winner in this draft. I just don't see this. They completely botched their trade out of #5 and let the Cowboys snake Claiborne out from under them. They spent all ten minutes on the clock at #7, which I take to mean they desperately wanted a trade and found no suitors. They drafted Barron, which is fine, but then traded up to draft a fairly average runningback prospect in the first round, negating the only value the received from their trade down from #5 to #7, which was an extra fourth-round pick. I assume they got this pick because they started the day with only six draft picks. I don't understand how any of this is winning. They wanted Richardson and couldn't get him (not really their fault); they wanted Claiborne, and didn't get him (completely their fault); they used their only gain from the Claiborne-sacrificing trade to draft a middle-of-the-pack runningback prospect who is probably identical to anyone who would have been available at #36 (and in the process probably made LaGarrette Blount really angry).

That sounds like a pretty terrible day to me.
    Last edited by mkocs6; 04-27-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    @kocsan