Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Where Should Colt McCoy Play in 2012?

Blog Entries
    I think he can play and win, but staying in Cfleveland will not give him the chance to compete. it is going to be rigged, he will not get in unless Weeden gets hit by a bus.

best places for fit and coaching that will work to help him be successful are New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, Buffalo, San Diego, Atlanta, and Philly. Opportunity lies in Philly, because Vick will get hurt and he will get on the field. Much as I like him, I don't think he will be an upgrade in any of those places except maybe Philly, so he'd carry the clipboard for sure.

He'd be an improvement in Seattle and Arizon and Jacksonville, probably in San Francisco, and in Miami. None of them would do it, for one reason or another.

Kellen Moore, this is your future, and it is all about your height. Russell Wilson, your extra musculature should give you a shot, once.

Did you just say McCoy is better than Vick? Holy moley!

Andy I hope you did not type this in Hamilton Co, cause Si Leis will think it's obscene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I suppose it would make sense linguistically

4. Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    I've always been a Colt McCoy fan. Until Kellen Moore, he was the winningnest QB in college history. That counts for something.

Places were he would get the best shot: Green Bay, NOLA. Zona seems like a good place to go as well. Say what you will, but Norv Turner is a very good QB coach as well.
    I thought SD would be a good fit as well but Norv runs the number system and Colt has been in the WCO. The numbers system takes some time to get used to. I am not a big fan of SD back up Charlie Whitehurst, Colt would be an improvement.

At first, I was all "Aw HELL naw!"...

But then I thought about it a bit.

Ya know, he really isn't all THAT bad. He's tough, and has good mobility. As a backup to A-Rod, we could do a LOT worse.

Maybe that would be mutually beneficial. Green Bay has an excellent system in place, and their backups consistently go on to have good (if not starting) roles elsewhere after a few years.

Green Bay would be a good landing spot for McCoy. But how about San Francisco? I dunno what their QB2 situation is, but if Alexcuses can win there, Colt might have a future in the City by the Bay.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Green Bay would be a good landing spot for McCoy. But how about San Francisco? I dunno what their QB2 situation is, but if Alexcuses can win there, Colt might have a future in the City by the Bay.
    SF likes their draft pick from last year Colin Kaepernick and they signed Josh Johnson this off season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Did you just say McCoy is better than Vick? Holy moley!
    I think Vick has a ceiling, and it is shy of the Super Bowl. I don't know what McCoy's is.

Quote Originally Posted by xaks View Post
    At first, I was all "Aw HELL naw!"...

Maybe that would be mutually beneficial. Green Bay has an excellent system in place, and their backups consistently go on to have good (if not starting) roles elsewhere after a few years.
    It made a millionaire out of Matt Flynn.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

PFT has a note that says the boys from the factory of sadness are talking to Green Bay about a trade.

Aside from getting James Harrison in trouble last year and somehow getting his father in the middle of the discussion, did Colt do anything last year?