Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 'Be a Homer' Day

Happy 'Be a Homer' Day

Normally I have very little tolerance for homerism, except in cartoon form

I used to post in a baseball forum where we had a saying 'he's not a baseball, he's a (insert team, usually the yankees) fan'.As I may have mentioned in the past, the main reason I wanted to put team icons in the post-bit is so I can mentally run each post through through a homer filter. But for this thread the homer ban is lifted

I'm declaring that the day after the draft is national 'be a homer' day. Every team had a perfect draft. Every player drafted this weekend is a potential hall of famer. Not a single draft pick has fumbled, missed a tackle, muffed a punt or even jumped offsides. None of them has been arrested (wait, let me double check the Cincinnati Enquirer) or made a stupid drunken tweet.

So let's have it. impartiality and rational thinking are banned from this thread. Tell us why the players your team just drafted will lead them to 12 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and a Pulitzer Prize over the next 10 years.

And world peace and the cure for cancer.

We want Home Run Homer!

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be laughing through this whole thing, but I'll try:

-Shea McClellin will become as beloved in Chicago as Dan Hampton. He will put on 15 pounds of muscle and lose zero speed while he and Julius Peppers wreak havoc for the next four years as the Bears become the most feared defense in the NFCN.

-Alshon Jeffrey will finally give Bears fans the best passing offense they have ever seen. Hester in the slot with Sanzenbacher and whoever else at #4 will create just as many match-up problems as the top two receivers do with their size and speed. For the first time ever, the Bears will have two 1,000 yard receivers and Hester will turn into a bigger deep threat than Marcus Robinson ever was.

-Brandon Hardin will prove his injuries were a fluke and he will make sure that eighth time is the charm for the Bears when they pick safety in the draft....HAHAHA, sorry, can't fake this one.

-Evan Rodriguez will become more feared in the H-Back role than Jim Kleinsasser ever was. His contributions out of the backfield will make a 4,500 yard Bears passing offense even more diabolical.

-Both Isaiah Frey and Greg McCoy will be perfect members of the next generation Cover 2 scheme in Chicago as Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings teach them as they fade into the night ten years from now.

-Chicago Bears 2012 Draft: A Super Crop for a Super Bowl Contender.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

We got the viola player in the 4th round!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    We got the viola player in the 4th round!!!
    Grabbing a viola player in round 4 is a steal. They are like the Guards of the orchestra, under-appreciated, but vital to long term success. Brahms, Mendelssohn, Hindemith, etc all understood this, and it's what helped separate them as truly great composers.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Much like the great Y.A. Tittle who didn't become a well-established NFL QB until his late 20's, Browns rookie Brandon Wheedon eventually led his team to the promised land.

And just like Tittle, the team he led to the promised land was not the team that drafted him.

(I think Browns fans have lost the ability to even fantasize properly)
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    David DeCastro- Move over Alan Faneca, Mike Webster, and Dermontti Dawson, we have a new best offensive lineman in team history.
    Mike Adams- Look at the Steelers' history at LT and it's not hard to envision him as the best LT in Steeler history in 3 years.
    Sean Spence- Here we have a guy who will replicate James Farrior at his peak on 1st and 2nd down, then morph into Carnell Lake on 3rd down.
    Alameda Ta'amu- Big enough to effectively take on 3 blockers at one time, allowing Timmons, Spence, Harrison, and Woodley to truly go bananas. Scary.
    Chris Rainey- Darren Sproles 2.0
    Toney Clemons- A faster Stevie Johnson
    David Paulson- Gives Todd Haley a Tony Moeaki-clone to perfectly compliment Heath Miller, who suddenly doesn't have to take on his role as 3rd Tackle.
    Kelvin Beachum- A David Diehl clone who gives the Steelers much needed depth for the inevitable Willie Colon injury (even in a perfect world, Colon still gets hurt).
    Terrence Frederick- Becomes a special teams demon, and incredibly effective slot corner, eventually making a Tracy Porter-like play to seal the Steelers 10th Super Bowl championship over RGIII and the Washington Redskins.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    (I think Browns fans have lost the ability to even fantasize properly)
    Yeah, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    David DeCastro- Move over Alan Faneca, Mike Webster, and Dermontti Dawson, we have a new best offensive lineman in team history.
    Mike Adams- Look at the Steelers' history at LT and it's not hard to envision him as the best LT in Steeler history in 3 years.
    Sean Spence- Here we have a guy who will replicate James Farrior at his peak on 1st and 2nd down, then morph into Carnell Lake on 3rd down.
    Alameda Ta'amu- Big enough to effectively take on 3 blockers at one time, allowing Timmons, Spence, Harrison, and Woodley to truly go bananas. Scary.
    Chris Rainey- Darren Sproles 2.0
    Toney Clemons- A faster Stevie Johnson
    David Paulson- Gives Todd Haley a Tony Moeaki-clone to perfectly compliment Heath Miller, who suddenly doesn't have to take on his role as 3rd Tackle.
    Kelvin Beachum- A David Diehl clone who gives the Steelers much needed depth for the inevitable Willie Colon injury (even in a perfect world, Colon still gets hurt).
    Terrence Frederick- Becomes a special teams demon, and incredibly effective slot corner, eventually making a Tracy Porter-like play to seal the Steelers 10th Super Bowl championship over RGIII and the Washington Redskins.
    I am a little bit sick over how good the Steelers' draft was.

Eagles, Giants, and Ravens also got a lot of guys I would like to have seen in Buffalo.

Plus Melvin Ingram. I am on the side of the room that thinks a cornerback cannot be significantly better than the pass rush in front of him, less Deion Sanders.
    Last edited by ScottDCP; 04-29-2012 at 10:54 AM.