Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: TOP TEN ... BOTTOM FIVE

1. Article: TOP TEN ... BOTTOM FIVE

Blog Entries
    I almost laughed myself into a coma with the punter pick. I liked Green Bay's draft as well.

Blog Entries
    I agree with you about the Seahawks. This team has been making head-scratching draft choices for several years now, even before Pete Carroll showed up. That still seems to be a problem here. I think Wilson is a good pickup, though. I mean, look, I expect Matt Flynn to start for them next season, but I really don't want to entertain the idea of Tarvaris Jackson playing the role of the relief man. I'd rather let that be Wilson's job.

And I really don't like the pick of Bruce Irvin in Round 1. Maybe Carroll knows something we don't (doubtful), but this needs to work for the team's sake. They still have egg on their face after the Aaron Curry debacle; they can't afford another.

Blog Entries
    I thought the Panthers got some really good players. I love the Kuechly pick and Silatolu was great value. Also, I like the pick of Joe Adams (WR, Arkansas, and consensus All-American) a lot--I think he's a great seam-buster in Chudzinski's offense with Smith and Lafell on the outside. Also, he's a great returner and ball carrier, and I think you can install some option/misdirection packages to take advantage of his and Newton's running abilities together.

Blog Entries
    I also liked the Packers' draft. Perry is a solid addition as an edge rusher, and I've said before that I think Worthy is going to be one of the best DTs in this draft when all is said and done. That's a good football player.

The only reasonable explanation I've seen for the Cousins pick is that Shanahan likes competition at QB. Clearly the incumbents weren't going to threaten RGIII. So perhaps he hopes a draftee will. And maybe they really like him. Back-up QB's get a lot of playing time in the NFL.

I really don't believe this was about turning him for a pick in a couple of years.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I thought the Panthers got some really good players. I love the Kuechly pick and Silatolu was great value. Also, I like the pick of Joe Adams (WR, Arkansas, and consensus All-American) a lot--I think he's a great seam-buster in Chudzinski's offense with Smith and Lafell on the outside. Also, he's a great returner and ball carrier, and I think you can install some option/misdirection packages to take advantage of his and Newton's running abilities together.
    I like Kuechly a lot as well. I can see Pro Bowl in his future if he works hard and stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I like Kuechly a lot as well. I can see Pro Bowl in his future if he works hard and stays healthy.
    my only question is, are they moving him outside I take it? They already have Beason in the middle.

I'm going off the board here to say that, with a couple days to look at things in the NFCN, I really like what the Vikings were able to do in the draft. Last year Christian Ponder had a hobbled Adrian Peterson, an over the hill offensive line, and no weapons on the outside beyond Percy Harvin. Defensively if Jared Allen wasn't sacking the QB (he had 22 6 of which came against Jeff Backus of the Lions), the Vikes were getting torched.

What did they do? They addressed their oline by taking LT Matt Kalil (and scoring a mess of picks from the Browns in the process). They got Ponder a couple of speedy, YAC-type WRs from Arkansas in Jarius Wright & Greg Childs to compliment Shiancoe, Rudolph & Harvin. Peterson will undoubtedly be back in form this season so that anemic Minny offense we saw last year should be improved. On defense they got the guy many viewed as the 2nd best safety in the draft in ND's Harrison Smith and speedy CB Josh Robinson to help them hang in a division populated by quartebacks Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford and their high flying offenses. The only Viqueens pick I am ready to question hard is the one they spent on FB Rhett Ellison. Giving AP a lead blocker may seem like a good idea. But the Vikes parted ways with G Steve Hutchinson and probably should have looked to upgrade their interior oline instead going FB.

Solid draft for the 'queens. Outside of Kalil there probably are not any perennial pro bowlers in the bunch. But it would seem they did address some big needs with guys who should be solid, long-term contributors in a division that is poised to become the toughest in the NFL.

As for the rest of the NFCN:
    • The Packers had their typical solid draft weekend adderessing needs on defense (Perry & Worthy will attract enough attention to free up the Bloodline and we all know that the Pack 'D' becomes very opportunistic when Matthews is free to terrorize quarterbacks).
    • The Bears have added Alshon Jeffery to pair with Brandon Marshall to give JayJay some serious weapons on the outside. But the Shea McClellin pick really left me scratching my head. They left lots of potentially great players on the board to take a guy who projects as a 'tweener.
    • The Lions... I can't be objective enough about my guys to pontificate about them on the front page. So I'll just say I am really happy with Reiff pick and Ronnell Lewis may end up being a huge draft weekend steal. But we took a WR (Broyles) in the second round again instead of going after one of the higher rated CBs...
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 04-29-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    I'm going off the board here to say that, with a couple days to look at things in the NFCN, I really like what the Vikings were able to do in the draft. Last year Christian Ponder had a hobbled Adrian Peterson, an over the hill offensive line, and no weapons on the outside beyond Percy Harvin. Defensively if Jared Allen wasn't sacking the QB (he had 22 6 of which came against Jeff Backus of the Lions), the Vikes were getting torched.

What did they do? They addressed their oline by taking LT Matt Kalil (and scoring a mess of picks from the Browns in the process). They got Ponder a couple of speedy, YAC-type WRs from Arkansas in Jarius Wright & Greg Childs to compliment Shiancoe, Rudolph & Harvin. Peterson will undoubtedly be back in form this season so that anemic Minny offense we saw last year should be improved. On defense they got the guy many viewed as the 2nd best safety in the draft in ND's Harrison Smith and speedy CB Josh Robinson to help them hang in a division populated by quartebacks Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford and their high flying offenses. The only Viqueens pick I am ready to question hard is the one they spent on FB Rhett Ellison. Giving AP a lead blocker may seem like a good idea. But the Vikes parted ways with G Steve Hutchinson and probably should have looked to upgrade their interior oline instead going FB.

Solid draft for the 'queens. Outside of Kalil there probably are not any perennial pro bowlers in the bunch. But it would seem they did address some big needs with guys who should be solid, long-term contributors in a division that is poised to become the toughest in the NFL.

As for the rest of the NFCN:
    • The Packers had their typical solid draft weekend adderessing needs on defense (Perry & Worthy will attract enough attention to free up the Bloodline and we all know that the Pack 'D' becomes very opportunistic when Matthews is free to terrorize quarterbacks).
    • The Bears have added Alshon Jeffery to pair with Brandon Marshall to give JayJay some serious weapons on the outside. But the Shea McClellin pick really left me scratching my head. They left lots of potentially great players on the board to take a guy who projects as a 'tweener.
    • The Lions... I can't be objective enough about my guys to pontificate about them on the front page. So I'll just say I am really happy with Reiff pick and Ronnell Lewis may end up being a huge draft weekend steal. But we took a WR (Broyles) in the second round again instead of going after one of the higher rated CBs...
    I like the Kalil pick as well, but QB's last year had a rating of 107.6 vs the Viking 'D'. That's embarrassing. Smith better be a play maker in that secondary to warrant that pick. I don't see him as that kind of player ... Vikings hope I'm wrong!