Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So today I started researching the 2013 Draft

Barkevious Mingo will be the best pass rusher in the draft. I like him better than Montgomery.

Already wins the award for best name.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

William Gholston, DE, Michigan State. Wait, Be A Homer day is over?

In all seriousness, if Gholston has as good a year as many of us Spartan fans think he will, I do think he can be a first rounder. Not top-5, but a first rounder. Having seen both, he's better than his cousin Vernon.

Blog Entries
    LSU is going to be absolutely loaded with defensive prospects this year. Mingo, Montgomery, Mathieu, Kevin Minter, and maybe my favorite of them all Eric Reid. Still not as amazing as Bama's haul could've been last year, but damn impressive nonetheless.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

One of the joys -- actually, the greatest joy -- of watching a Les Miles LSU team is seeing his defensive players in action. He gets them big and fast and physical. I remember a couple of seasons ago they played App State and the size difference -- especially in the defensive backfield -- was almost comical, and they sacrificed not one single iota of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    William Gholston, DE, Michigan State. Wait, Be A Homer day is over?

In all seriousness, if Gholston has as good a year as many of us Spartan fans think he will, I do think he can be a first rounder. Not top-5, but a first rounder. Having seen both, he's better than his cousin Vernon.
    Much, much better.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Here's a mark in favor of Aaron Murray. On Saturday, he graduates. A degree in psychology. He did it in 3 1/2 years. Pretty impressive. He also has two seasons of eligibility left, although that won't come into play unless he gets injured.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Here's a mark in favor of Aaron Murray. On Saturday, he graduates. A degree in psychology. He did it in 3 1/2 years. Pretty impressive. He also has two seasons of eligibility left, although that won't come into play unless he gets injured.
    I think I stated it earlier in this thread somewhere, but yeah I'm very curious to see how Murray performs this year. He and Tyler Bray down at Tennessee are two underclassmen who I really think have the potential to completely shatter the glass ceiling this year and breakthrough big time. I have them both as second rounders right now, but if they live up to their potential they could easily be in the running for #2 QB off the board.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

been a fan of Murray's for awhile. IMO he'll be a top 5 pick whenever he decides to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    been a fan of Murray's for awhile. IMO he'll be a top 5 pick whenever he decides to come out.
    I know I'm repeating myself, but in my opinion Murray's play has been holding Georgia back. That's probably a little unfair to the guy. But he misses on so many plays, it's a head scratcher. He has a fine arm, but his accuracy is questionable and I really have issues with how he fails to raise his game when under pressure -- either direct pressure from a pass rush, or situational pressure, when his team really needs a play from him. I know college players can really change from one season to the next. I hope he's one of those guys who does.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I know I'm repeating myself, but in my opinion Murray's play has been holding Georgia back. That's probably a little unfair to the guy. But he misses on so many plays, it's a head scratcher. He has a fine arm, but his accuracy is questionable and I really have issues with how he fails to raise his game when under pressure -- either direct pressure from a pass rush, or situational pressure, when his team really needs a play from him. I know college players can really change from one season to the next. I hope he's one of those guys who does.
    Exactly what I see when watching him. Someone I'm interested in seeing is Tyler Wilson. Just lost his WR trio. He'll still have Hamilton, but then you add in the loss of Petrino, so I think he could be heading for a regression.

I still have him as my #2 QB though.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton