Thread: Stupid Rookie Rules

Stupid Rookie Rules

Here's two completely assinine rules that govern the incoming rooks, as to their involvement in the offseason program.

#1. All the teams are having a rooks only minicamp. That's nice. Let them get comfortable. Work them out a little, slowly immerse them in your scheme. Here's the major issue. ONLY true rooks can attend. So if you don't have a rook qb, who the hell throws anyone the ball? That's right, you sign a udfa for a weekend to have a camp arm. That's stupid.

#2 Rooks can't attend anything, but said rookie minicamp until their schools classes are over. Completely dumb. Most guys have already withdrawn from school to attend training facilities, to pump their stock for the draft. Quite a few only attended college to play football. Why keep them from their now chosen profession??

Both rules need changed. Totally counter productive...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

True, but rule #2 helps keep up the facade of the "Student Athlete."
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur