Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey! I Wrote A Book!

Congratulations! Terrific achievement. I'm sure it took a lot of discipline to make it happen. Mucho respect, Pruitt (if that really is your name, and now I know it's not. )

Congrats pruitt!

{Is it about actual dogs, or is it overweight drunk 40 something guys wearing rubber masks, and waving plastic bones??}

Sorry, pruitt had to go there
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Excellent Pruitt, congrats!
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Congrats pruitt!

{Is it about actual dogs, or is it overweight drunk 40 something guys wearing rubber masks, and waving plastic bones??}

Sorry, pruitt had to go there
    Seriously everyone, thanks for the kind words.

(And it IS about dogs... real dogs).

While there won't be a movie, I have just finished writing the story up as a proposal for an animated series. As my secret identity has been blown, I can reveal that I am a professional writer who has been writing kids animated TV shows for a long, long time. Touch wood, you'll be seeing my kennel of heroes on the small screen sometime in the future. And knowing the speed with which decisions are made in the world of TV, "sometime in the future" means 2015 at the earliest.

Thanks again everyone.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

5. Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post

Can we still be cyber-pals even if I don't really like dogs? (Don't ask ...)
    brauneyz ... I have to ask!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    brauneyz ... I have to ask!!
    Let's just say that my otherwise attractive gam lost a chunk to a sharp-toothed little mutt years ago and I've never forgiven the entire canine family for it. In reality, I should just despise dog owners, but my world is pretty small already.

I'm sure Pru's dogs are much better behaved.
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz

Congratulations and best of luck with your new literary and television career!

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Let's just say that my otherwise attractive gam lost a chunk to a sharp-toothed little mutt years ago and I've never forgiven the entire canine family for it. In reality, I should just despise dog owners, but my world is pretty small already.

I'm sure Pru's dogs are much better behaved.
    Judging the entire dog population on the one that bit you is like judging the entire male population of the world based on a single man, that bit you. Bad example, nevermind.

Blog Entries
    Actually, poorly trained dogs are often the result of poorly trained owners. I mean, sometimes I still miss the newspaper.

Pruitt. Awesome job. Maybe I'll turn on the animated series and wait for the barks on the screen to drive my own mutts insane.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

It'll be a few years before my dogs will (hopefully) grace TV sets around the world.

My dog is well behaved, cute and unbelievably stubborn. She was the basis for one of the dogs in the book. The unpleasant one whose barks are so loud she basically deafens her elderly owner.

And she hates kids.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur