Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: 2012 Draft Review (AFC East)

I love the Dolphins and Jets drafts, unless of course they pan out. I place the odds at one in four in either case.

I get nervous when Belichick is decisive in the first round.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but :

[quote]Chan Gailey’s team addressed one of its biggest needs via free agency, the lack of a pass rush, with the additions of DEs Mario Williams and Mark Anderson.[\quote]

understates the problem by a mile. Lack of pass rush was absolutely the biggest hole, and I think the Bills are now capable of being competitive in this area. Two players away from being very good, but definitely competitive.

3. Run defense remains an issue as well. Bottom 5 of the NFL in rushing defense 3 straight years and 5 of the last 7 seasons dating back to '05...

I just put more weight on pass defense. In Buffalo, it's been a steady diet of 3rd and long conversions since Dick Lebeau went back to Pennsylvania. A lot of the run defense problems are a result of being behind in most second halves. Enough, anyway, that I don't rate it as nearly the problem pass defense presents.

I'm with Scott on this. Tom Brady scares me a hell of a lot more than Shonn Greene.