Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning hosting SNL tonight

Not good. Eli' ok, but there's just no funny there.
    And yes, rhianna is awful.

I'm gonna lay this out there for consumption: when Aaron Rodgers finally hosts SNL, he's gonna kill it.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Eli did ok. Little Brother & Courtroom skits were funny. Some good lines in the EA Sports skit too. Since Eli has one more Super Bowl Ring & Super Bowl MVP than Peyton, I feel right saying in public that Peyton has the Better SNL appearance. Peyton's is an All-Time Classic; That Dora cartoon was hilarious too. LOL
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    I'm gonna lay this out there for consumption: when Aaron Rodgers finally hosts SNL, he's gonna kill it.
    Bold of an NFC North Rival Fan to say & I agree.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Right now the best-line sweepstakes is a toss-up between "That's how I throw a grenade" and "freshy fresh." Sadly, freshy-fresh is from a bizarre Cottonelle commercial. I think they want you to wipe your ass twice over.

I think the grenade part was the best for me. The Little Brother sketch was also really good, though I was expecting and was disappointed he didn't toss out a "besides you'll win more championships than him eventually" line in there somewhere.

I made it to about 12:30. Guess I missed the drag scene. I've really enjoyed this season of SNL, but its hard to find the care to stay up to watch it when its posted online by 9am the next morning.

Here's Eli's entire episode if you missed it: http://www.hulu.com/playlist/327077
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 05-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Finally got a chance to watch SNL with Eli Manning. The Little brothers skit was funny, but overall it was a big disappointment. I don't blame Eli as much as the show as the whole. There was one skit with Eli as a hippie for occupy wall street and I didn't really buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch SNL with Eli Manning. The Little brothers skit was funny, but overall it was a big disappointment. I don't blame Eli as much as the show as the whole. There was one skit with Eli as a hippie for occupy wall street and I didn't really buy it.
    I've enjoyed the season of SNL on the whole, but you can tell that the current cast is made up of better performers than writers. Members like Wiig, Sudekis, Hader and Meyers do a great job of pulling off their stuff, but the less accomplished guys seem to struggle to makeup for some often average writing.

The DVR is the best invention since TV itself. Watched this episode in just over a half hour which meant no Rhianna and no ads.

Eli was pretty poor, but he was better than some of the other hosts they've had this season - Charlie Day and Lindsay Lohan spring to mind.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by gobigorgohome View Post
    i'm gonna lay this out there for consumption: When aaron rodgers finally hosts snl, he's gonna kill it.
    +1 :d
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Eli was pretty cute and a good sport for doing it, but my goodness, SNL is awful!

DVR also allowed me to zap thru it quickly, but I did watch a minute or two of Rihanna's first song trying to make sense of it. Maybe cuz I now am older than dirt, but was that girl mimicking chopping of her nether region into cake slices? This is entertainment? Gimme Ozzie biting off the head of a bat, please!
    Some people think the name of the Washington Redskins football team is offensive. There’s an easy way to fix that. You can just drop the word ‘Washington.’ ~ Ted Cruz