Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another great night to be a fight fan

Blog Entries
    Loved following it on Twitter. Mayweather now 43-0, I understand! Mercy. Also, when will I actually watch the fight? When it's Mayweather-Pacquiao. That's gonna set off all sorts of noise & alarms when that happens.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Not a question in my mind. Mayweather was incredible tonight, I thought. Just as Cotto looked to be closing in on the cards, Money dominated the last 3 rounds, and nearly dropped him in the 12th. Who'd have thought a Mayweather fight would be that entertaining, but it was every bit of that. Great fight. Cotto was worthy, but Money proved why he's the best in the business.

Maybe Pacquiao-Mayweather happens soon, but I'm equally excited to possibly see Canelo Alvarez v. Miguel Cotto.
    Not sure we EVER see pacquiao- mayweather. It's in staunch opposition to the business model Floyd has laid out. A model that's made him the highest drawing fighter ever. A very, very big part of that is his perfect record, combined with his "on screen" persona and his grip on the inner city markets.

A loss would inhibit his future earning potential. And pacquiao is a real threat to deliver that loss. IMHO its why there's been so much bs holding the fight up. Floyd knows how legit manny is as a fighter.

Besides that mayweather is very protective of his public stature.

Here's an article I read that speaks to a lot of what I've said..

http://m.si.com/news/wr/wr/detail/4926441
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Mayweather is a joke, nothing but a cheap fraud. On top of that, he fears Pacquiao. Not fear of the man himself, but fear of what the man would do to him. Mayweather knows that Manny will pound the **** out of him. He is covering his ass by using Ali as an excuse. He said Ali got pressured into big fights late in his career (which is crap; Ali wanted the money and wanted to stroke his massive ego), and this caused Ali to be a shell of a man. Floyd says he wants to stay healthy and make money, so that is why he won't fight Manny.

So all we get is Floyd and the handpicked shills that he fights. I won't tune in to see that. Enjoy the easy road, crumbum.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Cyrtis - I agree with what you say, and I can never really get behind Mayweather.

But he is the real deal. If you look at the last 5 years, the only one of Mayweather's opponents that Pacquaio did not fight was Victor Ortiz.

They both pummeled an over-the-hill Mosley, both beat De La Hoya (although Pacquio REALLY beat him badly) and they both knocked out Hatton.

Of the others that Pacquaio fought, there's no way you can make a case that Margarito and Clottey are great fighters. And I should point out that Marquez was barely beaten by Pacquaio.

Pacquiao's last knock out was 2 1/2 years ago. We'll see what happens against Bradley, but I think Mayweather would beat Pacquaio. My gut feeling is that if Pacquiao does not look like the old Pacquaio this weekend, the Mayweather folks will be much more receptive to fighting him.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    crumbum.
    Yeah, a real wiseacre, a two-bit nogoodnik.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Yeah, a real wiseacre, a two-bit nogoodnik.
    With a real taste for shenanigans.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur