Thread: Romo in the PGA

1. Romo in the PGA

No Cowboys posts yet? But they are "AMERICA'S TEAM" guys! haha.

Seriously though, how bummed were you that Romo skipped out on trying to get in the US Open to attend some mini camp with the Cowboys instead? Wouldn't it have been great to have a crossover athlete compete in 2 sports in 2010? I don't think those cone drills or whatever he did will make him any better of a QB than he already was....I want Romo making birdies in June!

Romo certainly seems to have some attention issues. Golf, Jessica, Cabo. Makes you wonder if he's more interested in being a celebrity or a football player.

3. He is a choker.

I hate the Cowboys but even I have to say: let the man have his fun. I doubt golfing takes anything away from what he does on the football field, plus he could be doing much worse things with his free time... ask Big Ben or Vince Young.

It doesn't bother me one bit if he wants to play golf. He is entiteled to play some golf in the offseason if he wants. For the people who take issue with this have to think of this as his vacation time from his job. Football is one of the most physically demanding sports and the abuse the body takes during the season is torture. If this doesn't interfere with his job schedule (training camps and offseason work outs) then there shouldn't be any problem with this one bit. He has already proven that he is committed to the team first and foremost in my opinion.

No Big Deal, but a good decision.

Personally I didn't see any issue with him trying to make the cut. If he's a scratch golfer, why not? As far as him missing any of the OTA's, that's a different story. Football is what he's paid millions of dollars for. Even if it is just cone drills or practicing a 3 step drop, he needs to be there. And just look at all the heat he took in the past when everyone thought he should be spending every waking second focused on Football and he chose to take his personal time off. Nothing good would have come from him skipping any amount of football to play a game that he probably wouldn't have made the cut anyway.

7. Non-Issue

This year Romo dropped out of the tournament because if conflicted with OTA's, so .... no distraction, and no story, but this will be dragged out everytime he does anything not directly related to football. Give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by russrpm View Post
    This year Romo dropped out of the tournament because if conflicted with OTA's, so .... no distraction, and no story, but this will be dragged out everytime he does anything not directly related to football. Give him a break.
    nuff said!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard