Thread: Vince Young?

Vince Young?

Can't have enough leaders in the locker room.

Based on what we've seen recently, Young is entering "complete washout" status, playing with the poise and throwing accuracy of JP Losman.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

He may go to his grave before he gets it. I blame high school/college hero pampering. His mind has never been right.

Oy. Bad news. Delusional narcissists can be entertaining, but usually only when they play for someone else. I don't get this one. I understand that Young has the ability to make a bigger play than anticipated every once in a while, but really, when you think about the offense Gailey likes to run, the QB needs to be, among other things, accurate, decisive, and good at reading defenses.

What are Young's strengths? Height, running ability, and physical strength. Accuracy, no. decisiveness, I have not seen enough of his work to be certain, but I left something off - decisiveness, with the qualifier that the decisions are good ones. Smarts? Been there.

Hope he got the veteran minimum, as I have serious doubts about the market for him. Bring him in, fine. Expectations ought to be medium-ish, but he just does not scream good fit.

Mostly, it reminds me of Brad Smith - as a weapon, he only takes away from the primary offense, and they paid too much for him.

OK, according to PFT, quoting someone else, it's a 2-3 million dollar contract. WAY too much. Don't they remember how to divide 4 by 9? I am thinking that was his TD-INT ratio last year, on a decent offensive team that requires accuracy, quick decisions, and good reads by its quarterbacks.

I hate the wildcat crap. Sorry, it's early May. I should not be getting angry. I will stop doing this and go do something that makes me happier. I will clean the damn pool again.

Don't be too discouraged Scott. At least they're trying.

Methinks Vince Young still has that latent "Me! Superstar!!" gene... which has proven to be incompatible with life in Western New York. He may not last three days at camp at St. John Fisher.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Don't be too discouraged Scott. At least they're trying.

Methinks Vince Young still has that latent "Me! Superstar!!" gene... which has proven to be incompatible with life in Western New York. He may not last three days at camp at St. John Fisher.
    That's true. Thanks!