Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacman is MAKING IT RAIN again...

Pacman is MAKING IT RAIN again...

... This time its court ordered to make reparations for his prior bad behavior, when he "made it rain".

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ies/55643548/1

Serves the fool right. Now he can tell all the rookies how he's busted broke,based on that foolish decision to go to that strip club. He's played numerous years in the league, and that judgement just rendered what he's made moot, plus some.

For all the rooks at home, here's the short version. Get rid of all your childhood idiot buddies. Don't go to strip clubs. Don't carry guns. Invest your money correctly.

You know, stuff most of us learned ACTUALLY attending and passing high school and college classes..forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the bankruptcy hearing Pac man is surely headed to.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    ... This time its court ordered to make reparations for his prior bad behavior, when he "made it rain".

For all the rooks at home, here's the short version. Get rid of all your childhood idiot buddies. Don't go to strip clubs. Don't carry guns. Invest your money correctly.

You know, stuff most of us learned ACTUALLY attending and passing high school and college classes..forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the bankruptcy hearing Pac man is surely headed to.
    And yet all of these NFL guys supposedly went to college. Not that its not ultimately these guys fault, but the colleges aren't exactly innocent bystanders here.

Pacman most definitely went to college under the rouse of being a "student athlete" , like many have. Pacman continued the "invincibility" he felt as a collegiate to the pros, mixed with his draft status. That caught up to him, without doubt. a perfect real life situation that mirrors what that prior system, and the hubris it enabled, played out like just like the fable of icarus, and flying too close to the sun.

His wings melted, and he crashed back to earth HARD.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

I have no respect for this guy. I honestly forgot he was still in the league. He is a pathetic little man.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

5. I deal with Adam Jones pretty frequently with my broadcast responsibilities with the Bengals. He has become a positive factor in their locker room. He will be the first to tell you that he screwd his life up trying to take care of the wrong people in his life. He has made inexcuseable mistakes, and is the first to admit it. He finally realizes who matters in his life. Some guys figure it out right away.....some never figure it out.....some figure it out a little too late. Adam Jones falls into the too late category, but he is trying with earnest to do things right and impress upon young players to avoid his pitfalls and do things right immediately. He sincerely cares.

Well said, Dave.

To me, if Adam Jones really has matured and got his life together, then this whole incident brushes the definition of a tragedy.

I don't wish ill upon someone who understands that he's made mistakes and who is trying to lead a better life.

On the other hand, a man is paralyzed and will never again lead a normal life. Adam Jones is apparently responsible, and for that he must pay.

Nobody wins. Not the paralyzed bouncer. Not Adam Jones. Everybody loses. Tragedy.

Blog Entries
    Exactly people make mistakes. But this thing here is he is turning his life around. I find it funny that Steelers fans, Eagles fans and many others look down so badly on some players while rooting for players just as bad each Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Exactly people make mistakes. But this thing here is he is turning his life around. I find it funny that Steelers fans, Eagles fans and many others look down so badly on some players while rooting for players just as bad each Sunday.
    Vick did a terrible thing, he was convicted and did his time in prison. He has turned his life around and I respect that. There are others that won;t ever be convinced. I respect that too. Either way, I support Vick.
    Ben was accused but never charged, or convicted for an wrong doing. He is/was a colossal douche in and around Pittsburgh but he is working on repairing his reputation. I respect that totally.

Pacman was arrested numerous times, some poor dude wont ever walk again, and he kept doing dumb stuff over and over again despite warnings and fines and some jail time. It's pathetic and I can't respect that. If Pacman is true to his word that he wants to change, I'm good with that but it will take time before he can gain respect again from anyone. Including the terrible eagles and steelers fans.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Blog Entries
    I'm with Dave. The guy might be trying too late, (and definitely for the poor bouncer), but does he not deserve the chance? If everybody thought the way some of you guys do, then nobody would ever change because nobody would support it. Even if late, I hope he figures things out.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    He has started changing if you bothered actually researching and checking things out instead of just listening to ESPN.