Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacman is MAKING IT RAIN again...

He started changing after leaving several lives in shambles. I'm sure he's a great guy now and regrets his decisions, but I'm not about to crown him a model citizen yet.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Gotta love our litigious society. Pacman made it rain. So what? It really chaps my ass that he can be found liable for injuries he did not cause. And $11 million? Gimme a break. That's ridiculous. The only person responsible for the shooting is the idiot who pulled the trigger.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    He started changing after leaving several lives in shambles. I'm sure he's a great guy now and regrets his decisions, but I'm not about to crown him a model citizen yet.
    I have no problem not crowning him a model citizen. I have no problem with people disliking him. But I do have a problem with people making judgments about a person, acting like they are still scum (when all reports say he has changed. Even a pro on here), then rooting for the people like they root for and act like there is nothing wrong with those people.

Blog Entries
    I go out of my way to not be a judgmental person. It's easy to judge, and inherently we all do, but it's not our place. And I have some very personal reasons for believing that.

All people make mistakes (many make huge mistakes). Every last one of us. I get that levels of mistakes are important, but everyone deserves the chance to rehabilitate. I believe that Pacman has legitimately straightened up his act, and I believe that he wants to stay clean, just like I believe that rehabilitated drug abusers have cleaned up their act, and legitimately want to remain clean and on a good path. I believe that no matter what his mistakes, he shouldn't pay for the sins of others. I also believe that if Pacman lets his guard down for even one millisecond that it will be likely that he falls into the trap of being a "huge" mistake-prone individual again. That won't make his efforts now any less sincere.

As a society, we must pay for our crimes. However, we should not pay for crimes we didn't commit simply because we were finally able to get him on something. We didn't like the way Ray Lewis handled his situation back in 1999. But it gave them no right to accuse him of a crime (murder) that he clearly didn't commit. Damages from even being accused of things like that can unfairly last a lifetime.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Very, very, very well said Trumpet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Gotta love our litigious society. Pacman made it rain. So what? It really chaps my ass that he can be found liable for injuries he did not cause. And $11 million? Gimme a break. That's ridiculous. The only person responsible for the shooting is the idiot who pulled the trigger.
    ^This.

I agree the guy screwed up his life and deserves whatever penance he's paying now, but IIRC, he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. Why they're allowed to go after the guy who didn't do the crime is beyond me.

None of us is in a position to determine whether or not Jones was in any way responsible for the shooting.

X2. Not excusing anything Adam did, but it's a complete crock for anyone to have to pay $11 million except the trigger man, which jones wasn't.

X2. Not excusing anything Adam did, but it's a complete crock for anyone to have to pay $11 million except the trigger man, which jones wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    I have no problem not crowning him a model citizen. I have no problem with people disliking him. But I do have a problem with people making judgments about a person, acting like they are still scum (when all reports say he has changed. Even a pro on here), then rooting for the people like they root for and act like there is nothing wrong with those people.
    So correct me if I am wrong. It seems you have a problem with me because I made an opinion about Pacman that you don't approve of, and I root for Vick, even though you obviously think he is scum (when all reports say he has changed). Have fun with that.

Maybe if I lived in Bengals land or looked for Bengal specific news, would I know anything new about Pacman. I thought he was out of the league. Haven't heard anything at all about him. He apparently hasn't been news worthy on or off the field.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.