Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat Wave

Hybrid View

Heat Wave

The US is in the midst of a major heat wave. What's the weather like where you live?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Hot. Evidently, I left 97 today so that I could hang out in 91, so that's a positive. And there's something underrated about sitting in a bathtub filled with ice and gatorade.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Hot. Evidently, I left 97 today so that I could hang out in 91, so that's a positive. And there's something underrated about sitting in a bathtub filled with ice and gatorade.
    I'm planning to use a blow up doll as a life raft on Lake Erie while I chug an IV of Summer Shandy mixed with Jameson as I do Meth. I'm covering all the bases. It's gonna be tough dodging all the hypodermic needles being used for the recent uptick in heroin around here, though.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Yeah that's been a problem w/ Cleveland women, only way to find a woman not on herion is an inflatable one.
    Zinging Cleveland never goes out of style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    I'm planning to use a blow up doll as a life raft on Lake Erie while I chug an IV of Summer Shandy mixed with Jameson as I do Meth. I'm covering all the bases. It's gonna be tough dodging all the hypodermic needles being used for the recent uptick in heroin around here, though.

For the first time in twelve years we are under a "fire weather warning". I gather that to mean that weather conditions are conducive to heat lightning. It has been very dry here, so if lightning were to strike in the wrong place...

"Dry" is really not an apt way to describe things. We have had plenty of rain. The problem is that when it has rained, it has stormed like crazy. What we need is a good, three day steady rainfall. I'm burning up the electric meter watering my garden (I have a pump that draws water straight out of the lake that I use for all outdoor water needs - it runs on a 220V circuit).

And I just got bit for the first time this year by a crayfish. I'll get his little ass back when he wanders into my mudbug & minnow trap and I use him as bait for a smallmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    For the first time in twelve years we are under a "fire weather warning". I gather that to mean that weather conditions are conducive to heat lightning. It has been very dry here, so if lightning were to strike in the wrong place....

If its anything like southern california, its basically a brush fire warning. Hot weather combined with easily flammable plants due to lack of rain in the winter months presents a tinderbox if a fire gets started. But you pointed out later that you were getting plenty of rain. So not sure how its fire weather.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    If its anything like southern california, its basically a brush fire warning. Hot weather combined with easily flammable plants due to lack of rain in the winter months presents a tinderbox if a fire gets started. But you pointed out later that you were getting plenty of rain. So not sure how its fire weather.
    We have had a lot of rain. But it has come in the form of a few big storms. Most of that water just runs runs off. The ground is very dry. Both my neighbors' lawns are almost dead. Even the heavily wooded part of my property is quite dry. Combine that with the fact that, due to a nasty little critter called the Emerald Ash Borer, northern Michigan has millions of dead trees occupying space in the tens of thousands of acres of forest up here, a lightning strike in the wrong place could start a big fire. Add our perpetually blowing wind to the mix and that fire could spread quickly.

It's not too hot here today. I'm north of the 45th parallel (halfway to the North Pole & further north than both Green Bay and Minneapolis). It's 87 right now. It was 92 yesterday. The odd thing for us is that the lake is a very pleasant 74 degrees. Last summer, even with a few days in the 100s, the lake maxed out at 71. While it has not been too hot during the day, the nights have been unusually warm. It typically gets down into the 50s most nights but for the last two weeks we have only seen one night where the mercury dipped below 65.

I thought I might make the whole summer without putting in my window unit AC. Might have to rethink that.

Oh yeah. It is hazy here because of the fires out west. Kinda strange.

If I take care of my AC it will take care of me.
    Anyone know how to give it a cold beer?
    I figure Andy has a gadget recommendation for this.
    Last edited by FrzzerBwler; 06-29-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's 101 right now in eastern KY
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco