Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Adrian Peterson Arrested in Houston For Resisting Arrest

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Yeah, no defending that one. That guy is a horrible person. I hope thats isolated incident nd not a station wide culture.
    Perhaps that particular cop at that particular moment was responding to a BOLO* for a black guy suspected of a crime?

Pretty ****ty to assume the worst of a guy who may have been, you know, doing his job. I'm not at all dismissing the FACT that some cops are guilty of racial profiling. But assuming that was the case in Curtis' case is unfair.

*BOLO - be on the lookout*
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    A few years ago, I went for a early evening run @6pm. I usually walk the last few minutes back to my house, in order to cooldown. While I was walking a cop pulled up behind me and chirped his siren, so I stopped and turned around and he shined his spotlight on me. He then rolled next to me, leaned over and said, "sorry, from behind I couldn't tell that you weren't black. Have a nice night." Then he drove off.

Wonder what would have happened if I was black?
    That's Completely Horrible. Being a black guy myself, I've noticed that police may profile based on clothing and the appearance. A certain type of car may also tip them off in certain neighborhoods like it's that of a drug dealer or pimp. It sounds laughable but if your truly minding your own business and are law abiding, it helps to flair up your paranoia.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Andy the video you posted was not of that incident. The one I did was.
    You are absolutely right. I thought I was posting the video you posted. Even after you posted this I watched your video and thought it was the same thing. Wasn't until I went back and actually watched my video that I realized that I had posted the wrong video. Oops. Thanks for the correction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    You are absolutely right. I thought I was posting the video you posted. Even after you posted this I watched your video and thought it was the same thing. Wasn't until I went back and actually watched my video that I realized that I had posted the wrong video. Oops. Thanks for the correction.
    LOL! Andy said "video" a lot of times. LOL!

Blog Entries
    Here's Adrian's comments about the matter as of 2:54 PM and 2:56 PM EST, respectively via Twitter:

"@AdrianPeterson “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” WC" https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson/s...41001961861120

"@AdrianPeterson Thank you for waiting for the facts. Truth will surface." https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson/s...41582457724928

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Perhaps that particular cop at that particular moment was responding to a BOLO* for a black guy suspected of a crime?

Pretty ****ty to assume the worst of a guy who may have been, you know, doing his job. I'm not at all dismissing the FACT that some cops are guilty of racial profiling. But assuming that was the case in Curtis' case is unfair.

I told my wife about what happened and she called the police station. She asked if there was anything we should be concerned about. They said there was no BOLO, and there was no threat of any kind in the area.
    When I spoke to them about the cop stopping me and what he said. They said when an officer stops you, and has deemed the situation under control, the officer MUST tell you the reason for the stop. They have to do this so the stop can be legal.
    Telling me, 'sorry thought you were black', isn't an official reason. Hell, there could have been escaped prisoners in the area and I would not have known. And my wife was alone at home.

The police on the phone told me he shouldn't have said that. And unfortunately I didn't have a car or badge number, or his name. So I'm sure they couldn't investigate that.

Just an FYI. Last week, a cop here got put behind bars for making hookers have sex with him so they don't go to jail. Another cop was stealing stuff from homes of people he arrested.

All in the line of duty.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post

*rolls eyes* I'm damned if I do and damned if I dont.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Haha no problem. I watched the one you posted and didn't find it particularly offensive. I found the other video and realized you were probably talking about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    A vain hope, I think. When white people were offended by black people cheering OJ Simpson's acquittal, what the white people didn't understand was that the black people were celebrating a rare victory against a criminal justice system -- and police forces -- which seem to discriminate against them.
    I think that's typically overblown. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't believe for a second at the justice system itself it corrupt towards any one race. I think its silly to assume that the world is stacked against one group of people. There are always bad apples, but I think by the 90s, blacks were pretty established,

Talking about interpreting the law, here is one of my favorite family guy bits