Thread: Recent posts is back

Recent posts is back

After getting a few hours of sleep, I realized that the 'new posts' link in the secondary menu under activity stream was the old recent posts page. There's now a link to each in the top menu so you can pick which one you want or use both. The minor issue is that the activity stream button is active whether you're on the activity stream or recent posts. I'll fix that eventually, in the mean time that really doesn't hurt anything.

I think the activity stream could be cool with some work. It's just really ugly and takes up too much space. I also missed the 'last unread post' icon, which is what I use the most. I'll look into changing the way it looks eventually, but I can't do that until I update my test site (so I don't screw up the live site) so it might be a while.

The activity stream also auto updates, sort of. If something new comes in while you're on the page it will give a 'new activity' bar across the top that you can click on. It updates once a minute and will stop updating after 5 minutes of inactivity so it isn't incredibly useful, but it is free.

Thank you. Nice job. Great to have the choice.

Blog Entries
    Another error. When I try to click thru to article FP is up and running again from home page I get.

Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/vb/cache/db.php on line 151

Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/vb/cache/db.php on line 151

Log Out
    Settings
    My Profile
    Notifications
    No new messages
    Inbox
    Welcome, darvon

Blog Entries
    Also, can we get the Josh video on the Home Page not to overlaap the right hand column

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Another error. When I try to click thru to article FP is up and running again from home page I get.

Log Out
    Settings
    My Profile
    Notifications
    No new messages
    Inbox
    Welcome, darvon
    For me (Firefox 13.0.1, Mac 10.6.8) all links to that article work fine.

The video does breach the vertical boundary lines, for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post

Log Out
    Settings
    My Profile
    Notifications
    No new messages
    Inbox
    Welcome, darvon
    Yes, that's the major issue outstanding. I am researching, getting nowhere yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Yes, that's the major issue outstanding. I am researching, getting nowhere yet.
    LOL! & Thanks for the hard work, Andy.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley