View Poll Results: Who drafted the best team?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trumpetbdw

2 11.76%
  • DaBearsFan

0 0%
  • mikesteelnation1

0 0%
  • Docta

0 0%
  • Tubbs1518

6 35.29%
  • Pruitt

1 5.88%
  • darvon

0 0%
  • KabaModernFan

2 11.76%
  • Vancemeek

0 0%
  • Bengals1181

1 5.88%
  • GoBigOrGoHome

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Under 25 Vote: Who picked the best team?

Blog Entries

Official Under 25 Vote: Who picked the best team?

"I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    I would say Tubbs, but his QB sucks....

...pondering....

Blog Entries
    Big's is pretty good, but I really am not a Freeman fan....

Blog Entries
    I really am looking forward to seeing Brad Wing play in the NFL....Lots of interesting college players in our list.

Blog Entries
    Not arguing Locker isn't a great QB, but saying he sucks is a bit over the top when the ONLY proven QB on the list is Stafford and Newton. Dalton to an extent. He did have a 99 QB rating when he played last year. Plus think of the options and such I could run with Locker, Mccoy and Maclin!!!

Blog Entries
    Bradford is pretty proven, for a young one. Locker just sucked.

It will be interesting to see how these QBs stack after 5 years in the league.

Blog Entries
    Lol if you truly believed Locker sucked you didn't watch him at all. But to each his own sir.

Blog Entries
    I didn't watch him a bit, but I don't think he won much, did he?

5 years will tell the tale. Your team is strong other than him.

Although I still want to see Wing in the the NFL.

I whittled my list down to these four. I like the combinations of pro & college guys. I also like the real potential home runs, here.

- Hard not to vote for Trumpet as he has the QB with the highest possible ceiling. Trumpet, you're getting downgraded a hair for winning the draw and being a little too high on Julio Jones (right now).
    - Kaba's draft in really nicely constructed, but he took a Domer who was both recruited by Charlie Weis and has not played a down in the NFL.
    - Really like the the rest of Bengals' draft. But I've never been a fan of Ryan Mallett. His time at Michigan was enough for me to have serious questions about his heart & toughness.

Therefore, despite no great love for Jake Locker, the rest of tubbs' draft is wicked strong and gets my vote.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    First, my team.

I was intrigued when the randomizer gave me the first pick, and I had no idea which way I'd go. In the end, I trusted those that have stated that Andrew Luck was the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, who was the best prospect since John Elway. Those typically don't miss. As I remember back to 2001, Michael Vick was essentially in that rarified air, not quite on that level, but close. I'm not sure why RGIII is considered to have a higher ceiling and a lower floor than Luck. I think his ceiling is higher (and Luck's ceiling is heavenly), but I don't think there's much risk with RGIII. Absolutely worst case for Luck is becoming a more athletic Drew Bledsoe. Absolute worst case for Griffin is a more accurate Donovan McNabb. Both pretty good floors, but I've been sold on Griffin from the start. And I had the 4 QBs ranked exactly as they were selected. My tough call wasn't between RGIII and Luck, it was between RGIII and Stafford. I think Stafford is a championship QB. Griffin entices me because of his potential as a Favre/Young hybrid. For the future, since I don't believe that his floor is low, and since none of these guys have proven anything at a championship level as of yet, I took the highest ceiling on the board and gambled on RGIII.

Add in DeMarco Murray and Julio Jones, both game-breakers who would be perfect compliments to RGIII's abilities, and a PROVEN NFL OL in Tyron Smith, who developed into a great T by the end of the year, and is a true cornerstone who's moving to the left side this year, and I feel my offense is unmatched. Add in Antonio Brown as my wild card with his special teams capability, and mixing him in on the offensive end, and this is about as explosive a team as could be put together.

On the defensive side, it's a little more speculative. Worst case for Kuechly is Laurinaitis, in my opinion, with the upside of being one of the true dominant ILBs in the game (which Laurinaitis is close to becoming anyway). I agree with those that are high on Carolina, in part because of Cam Newton, but in bigger part because I think their defense will become legit this year. Morris Claiborne is a true shut-down prospect in the mold of Champ Bailey. As I said in an earlier post, the draft that was being ignored the most was the most recent one. Landing 2 top 10 picks, and 2 picks that are generally considered to be "safe" picks was a steal considering I decided to wait on defense. Add in Muhammad Wilkerson, who played at a pro bowl level, and may already be the 2nd best player on a really good defense, and I love my defense.

As for my pick, I'm still not exactly sure. I loved tubbs' draft, and thought that if not grabbing one of the first 4 QBs, the value could come in waiting. Grabbing Locker at the end is not a back pickup, and the rest of the team is very good. Except there's one major drawback. I just don't see the Honey Badger as a legit NFL talent. But I thought Ryan Kerrigan was the steal of the draft, and could argue that he's at least the equal of JJ Watt, who was taken with the first pick of the 2nd round.

vance and Bengals both benefitted from great early picks, and not having to worry about a QB. I liked the Smith/Berry pairing slightly more than the Gronk/TRich pairing, but both were excellent. DBF's draft I also like, and I nearly took Earl Thomas instead of Tyron Smith. Thought that was a great pick. But there are a few too many unknowns. I also liked Doc's draft, but again, too many unknowns.

It's down to Biggie and mike for me. I love Biggie's offense, and still think Josh Freeman has a chance to be really good. Add in the Dez, Mathews pairing, which followed the defensive pairing of Peterson/Watt, and that's a really solid team. mike got the last of the 4 no-brainer QBs, and did a really nice job building around him with Pouncey, Nicks, and eventually Tate, who is the sleeper of this draft. The defense is solid if not great, and Tate is a nice ST threat (although I may have considered Joe McKnight over Tate if going that route myself).

I like mike's offense better (it's a poor man's version of my offense ) and Biggie's defense much better. I think that Big's offense is closer to mike's offense than mike's defense is to Big's defense, so I think my pick is GoBig. Unless I change my mind. But I won't.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley