Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing FP's newest writers, they might sound familiar

Introducing FP's newest writers, they might sound familiar

You will be seeing front page articles from FP's newest writers: Patrick Sullivan, Rich Gapinski and Evan Vracar. If their names don't sound familiar, they're writing styles will. They are GoBig (Patrick), Polishguy (Rich) and Kaba (Evan). The decision to ask them to write under their real names was made by our executive editorial staff (me) and they have graciously agreed. On orders from the founder, we are trying to appeal to a wider range of readers, with our front page being more of a news site. The forum isn't going away, ever, it's still the heart of who we are, but there are a lot of people that just don't have the interest or ability to participate in a forum. There's a lot of great stuff in our back pages that people aren't seeing, this is an attempt to bring a little of the forum to the front page. Right or wrong, I felt that having the bulk of the front page articles written under real names instead of screen names would add some legitimacy. The other user articles aren't going away. You'll still see front page articles from darvon, clem, trumpet, etc, this is more about having a healthy mix of real names and screen names on the front page.

2. There goes the neighborhood...

Blog Entries
    Awesome. Liking the vibe these days!

Excellent, go get 'em boys!

Blog Entries
    Boooo!! No, wait a minute. Yaaaaayyy. LOL. Just kidding. Good stuff, and I do think using real names is the way to go.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    Who are these new punks that think they can just waltz in here with all of their newfound "access" and supposed "knowledge"? There's, like, 13 posts total between this "Patrick" and this "Rich" dude, yet they get full on "writer" status? Clearly neither have any idea what it takes to be true members of this forum.

{ }

Congrats guys, great work. It's nice to see some extra action on that front page.

But the secret is that my real name is Trumpetbdw. My mom was really disappointed when I first told her I wanted to play the bass flute, but through a massive amount of parently pressure, I was forced to become just your typical run-of-the-mill stereotype. So the joke's on all of you

MUWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    "So whose fault is it? It's all Trumpet's fault. Just because."

-Andy Freeland

Blog Entries
    Who would have thought that Polish's surname was Gapinksi... I was expecting something Samoan.

And Biggie is about as Irish as they come, with that name. No wonder we couldn't find him mid March!

On a more serious note, Vracar sounds Romanian or Magyar.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    On a more serious note, Vracar sounds Romanian or Magyar.
    It's Serbian actually. My grandfather came to the country as a merchant marine. Also....

"Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01