Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football Outsiders prediction for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Isn't it a little early in the season for 'Nightmares From the Bottom of the Bottle'? It's the NFCW - you'll do fine.
    He is just Pre-Gaming... a staple at all sporting events lol
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderM View Post
    He is just Pre-Gaming... a staple at all sporting events lol
    Hah. I just remember 2010 when the entire planet (including me) drank the Kool-Aid that Mike Singletary peed in. After the last 10 years I still have trust issues with the 49ers.

Also, Jim "Schembechler" Harbaugh needs to prove he can play to win the game rather than not-to-lose the game.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Hah. I just remember 2010 when the entire planet (including me) drank the Kool-Aid that Mike Singletary peed in. After the last 10 years I still have trust issues with the 49ers.

Also, Jim "Schembechler" Harbaugh needs to prove he can play to win the game rather than not-to-lose the game.
    Ahhhh... Bo. The Zen Master of coming from ahead to lose (only in big games, of course).

I think your bigger worry, clem, should be that the best QB on your favorite team is its head coach.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Ummm...just for the record...the 2011 49'ers did not sweep the NFC West. The Cardinals beat them in Phoenix late in the season.

I dunno...maybe I drink too much. Yes, all of the points expressed are valid but I've got to believe that Moss (by all accounts thus far a model veteran...we'll see how long that lasts) and Manningham offer up a bit more threat than Brett Swayne or whoever the hell that was running around on the field in the NFC Friggin Championship. I guess it's karmic yin to the yang of Jerry Rice and John Taylor. Throw in Kyle Williams with something to prove and maybe even a sprinkling of Ted "key to the season" Ginn and that's a servicable stable of WR's to clear out room for Davis, Walker, Gore and Hunter to do their thing.
    One thing that everyone keeps pointing to is how much Gore tailed off at the end of the year without bringing up the emergence of Hunter. Gore is still the straw that stirs the backfield drink but Hunter has got to at least be considered the fancy paper umbrella piercing an olive.

Granted...Alex Smith is still the quarterback.

The defense will be hard pressed to be as good as they were last year but by bringing everyone back they have at least given themselves the opportunity to try. I'm hoping Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman continue to grow and make that unit even better.
    I think they win the division but it won't be the run away that last year was. 10 - 11 wins sounds about right. Not sure if that's enough to avoid Wild Card Weekend. Ultimately, I don't think they have enough to beat the Packers in January but I sure hope they get the opportunity.
    If the 49'ers success offends you...so be it.
    Namaste...*****es.

I think I'm in love with Harbaugh.

The 49ers ended the twilight practice with a two-minute drive for a field goal. The guy who lined up to attempt that field goal was none other than the head coach.

And Jim Harbaugh, 48, didn't just pantomime kicking the game winner. He called for a fake. As he ran past the holder -- assistant special teams coach Tracy Smith -- Smith flipped the ball to Harbaugh, who took it in, cut up field and then fell - face first - onto the grass. He lay there milking the moment for a couple of seconds.

The players thought it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever seen. They have a day off today.
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...much.html#more
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    I'd love to hear your opinion in about a month.
    So you've seen your guys in action for a few weeks, we're ready to start.

Any thoughts on the coming season?