Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Forum changes?

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    FYI, the Recent Posts button seems to have developed a very short memory. For example, right now at 4:36pm, I'm only getting posts from 3pm onwards. I'm not getting stuff that was posted at 11am and 9am. It's been this way for a few weeks, from what I can tell.
    I haven't seen this, anyone else?

I have to admit, I don't know exactly how deep the recent posts page goes. I know that it's user specific. It should bring up the threads that have changed since your last session. Someone who hasn't logged in for a couple of days will have more threads than someone who logs in a couple of times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I haven't seen this, anyone else?

I have to admit, I don't know exactly how deep the recent posts page goes. I know that it's user specific. It should bring up the threads that have changed since your last session. Someone who hasn't logged in for a couple of days will have more threads than someone who logs in a couple of times a day.
    Did this thread appear in your recent posts before I bumped it? My post is only a couple of days old.

Recent Posts used to capture up to a couple of days, maybe more. All I can say is that some same-day posts aren't appearing anymore.
    Last edited by wxwax; 02-19-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Did this thread appear in your recent posts before I bumped it? My post is only a couple of days old.

Recent Posts used to capture up to a couple of days, maybe more. All I can say is that some same-day posts aren't appearing anymore.
    not that I noticed. I'll see if deleting cache and repairing tables helps.

I've noticed a couple odd things today but 'Recent Posts' isn't one of them. The recent view is tied to a cookie that can be reset and also seems to time out occasionally. When it resets itself (I'm not buying the stupid PHP code to sort out what it is doing), you get everything from that time forward. The TL;DR version would be ... sometimes it's wonky.

What I did find unusual was that the Activity Stream view was truncated this morning. It had 3 items, Rich's new article and this thread and something else. Sometime later (it seems to have just about everything in it now) it resumed working properly.

The other unusual event concerns Evans' "Potential Cap Casualties: NFC North" article. Maybe it's not published yet, but if it is, it never showed up in either monitoring mechanism. I noticed it in an article RSS feed.

I can find it via a search, but it's not shown in this view...

http://footballpros.com/forumdisplay...vBCms-Comments

Come to think of it, neither is his AFC South article. It's like they both went to limbo land.

Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    The other unusual event concerns Evans' "Potential Cap Casualties: NFC North" article. Maybe it's not published yet, but if it is, it never showed up in either monitoring mechanism. I noticed it in an article RSS feed.

I can find it via a search, but it's not shown in this view...

http://footballpros.com/forumdisplay...vBCms-Comments

Come to think of it, neither is his AFC South article. It's like they both went to limbo land.
    Both of those articles are published and showing up on the front page for me. neither has any comments. It's a chicken and egg thing. They should show up in recent posts once they're published, then go away if they don't get any comments. Are they not showing up because they didn't get comments or did they not gets comments because they never showed up in recent posts? <I've always been much better at finding addition questions than finding answers>

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Both of those articles are published and showing up on the front page for me.
    Doh! Never checked the front page. And now they're on the comment page (where they always show up, even without comments).