Thread: Odd decisions by Haley

Odd decisions by Haley

Is anybody other than me concerned that Haley has J Charles and D Johnson running with the 2nd team? Personally, I think both players should be starting.

I think Charles should be getting the majority of the touches. Thomas Jones will be 33 years old tomorrow and has underwhelming skills in the passing game. Charles is the prototypical back for a Charlie Weis system. I don't know why they are giving Jones such a long look with the first team. Maybe they're playing it cautious? Who knows at this point. Haley is sort of a mystery to me. He comes off as a real ass on TV.

Charles is terrible in pass protection so while he might get a majority of the touches, I think it is Haley's way of saying that if you want the top spot you need to be able to do it all. DJ is improving, and I'm sure he will end up starting eventually, but D-Williams has also been playing really well.

Not only that, but it's possible Haley is playing his cards close to the chest. He is from the Parcells school of coaching so you never know 100% what he's up to.