Thread: Greg Cook

Blog Entries

Greg Cook

Coach, I am currently reading "Blood, Sweat and Chalk" and I have gotten to the chapter about the West Coast Offense. The book is quite detailed, but has you quoted as talking very admirably about Cook. What else can you tell me about him? The book mentioned that he started as a rookie and he had a 9.41 YPA. Who were the receivers you and he threw to?
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

He is also Paul Zimmerman's Exhibit A of a couple points about Bill Walsh. First, Walsh tailored the offense to Cook's Zeusian arm, to great success. Second, that after Cook's shoulder injury, Walsh tailored the offense to a less astonishing arm at QB, which was the beginnings oof what is now called the West Coast offense. I miss Dr. Z.

Blog Entries
    Greg Cook was going to be the goat. Life can really suck when it wants to.

Watching Greg Cook's rookie career as a kid was a priviledge. Maybe it because I was a kid (14) it seemed more magical than it was but if you look at the numbers, even by today's standards, it's dang impressive. Even now, I tend to judge rookie QB's against what Cook did. That he got injured and never played to that high level again is tragic.
    My hypocrisy goes only so far.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    He is also Paul Zimmerman's Exhibit A of a couple points about Bill Walsh. First, Walsh tailored the offense to Cook's Zeusian arm, to great success. Second, that after Cook's shoulder injury, Walsh tailored the offense to a less astonishing arm at QB, which was the beginnings oof what is now called the West Coast offense. I miss Dr. Z.
    Many people told me that, if Cook hadn't of gotten hurt, we might not of heard of Ken Anderson. They have raved about Greg Cook being the real deal.