Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official FP Fantasy Football Sign-ups

Blog Entries

Official FP Fantasy Football Sign-ups

If you are interested in participating in an FP fantasy football league this year, please respond to this thread ASAP. Also, in anticipation of having more than one league (last year, we had 4), anyone who would be willing to commish a league, please include that in your reply.

More details will be forthcoming.

Who's in?

Participants:
    Trumpetbdw
    Patrick "GoBig" Sullivan
    Bengals1181
    Docta
    vancemeek
    Colts01
    packa7x
    Amy
    Raven
    KabaModernFan
    RSConn5
    Pruitt
    Ragar
    BobbyJ
    DaBearsFan
    Last edited by Trumpetbdw; 08-14-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

2. I already signed up for one FF team.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
    “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock

In. This is the yahoo one right?

Could you explain how this works? Are you drafting and creating a team? So some of you drafted and built 4 teams last season? Or is this something different? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    In. This is the yahoo one right?
    They all have to be on NFL.com

I'm already in 3 leagues, so only if a league needs an extra person, I'll join.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    These leagues will merely be bragging rights leagues for this site.

Last year, we had enough signups to warrant 4 separate leagues. Some of us participated in more than 1 league. Some of us made the championship game in more than one league (DBF). Some of us won the championship in more than one league (me).

Each FP league will need to be run on nfl.com. Whomever the commissioners of the leagues end up being will be responsible for coming up with a draft time that is suitable for all members of their league.

Last year, some leagues used different rules (at least one used a PPR as I recall), but I think it will be prudent if we simply have all leagues use the same standard rules this season. But I will accept any suggestions otherwise.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

I'm still in, but curious what's with the nfl.com requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I'm still in, but curious what's with the nfl.com requirement?
    NFL.com isn't a direct competitor of NBC.

Blog Entries
    In,of course
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

10. Official FP Fantasy Leagues are run on nfl.com. Always have been. We'll let the Big Cheese sort out the details.

Last edited by Patrick Sullivan; 08-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.” – Lou Brock