Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Roster

Lots of practice squad shuffling today.

The Colts signed Lawrence Guy so the Packers signed Jeremy Ross (California, 2011) and Drew Vanderlin (Michigan Tech, 2012). Vanderlin was with the team for a short time in the spring but wasn't kept around at the time and is a bit of a tweener size wise.

Monday they signed RB Johnny White (UNC, 2010) who had been released by the Bills earlier this season.

The roster is up to date.

Saw both Quarless and Zombo are beginning the three week evaluation process to decide if they'll be activated, cut or placed on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Saw both Quarless and Zombo are beginning the three week evaluation process to decide if they'll be activated, cut or placed on IR.
    True, I should probably stick an asterisk on those guys or something. Sadly, it's beginning to sound like Sherrod might not make it back.

Based on the Packers roster page Perry has been moved to IR and is done for the season. On the other hand, Quarless has been moved to the active roster.

Sherrod has entered his three week evaluation period where the Packers will either have to activate him or place him on IR. My guess is he goes on IR..

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Sherrod has entered his three week evaluation period where the Packers will either have to activate him or place him on IR. My guess is he goes on IR..
    True but I haven't heard anything about him practicing next week so we'll have to wait. If Bulaga has a bigger problem than it appears right now, they might try to get Sherrod back for the last couple weeks if they think it'll work.

Yeah teh Sherrod issue seems to be an insurance on whther Bulaga's injury is season ending or just of a month nature. Basically hoping one of them willl be back for the last 3 weeks or so of regular season(and then playoffs)
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

Johnny White has been moved to IR, Starks may be joining him soon.

Shea Allard, who was with the Packers in training camp has been resigned to the practice squad along with Chaz Powell, a DB out of Penn State.

Finally, Ryan Grant been signed to the active roster and attended practice today.

Good to see Grant back. I'm not expecting much, but I haven't seen anything from Alex Green to warrant a 2nd look. It's a shame that Starks got hurt. The guy really is a 3rd rd talent that we were able to steal in the 7th due to injury. Unfortunately, he can't stay healthy.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Vic So'oto has been signed from the practice squad by the Washington Redskins.

The Packers signed CB Otis Merrill who was in camp this past summer and released during final cut downs.