Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Off The Air: PS2 Colts at Steelers

Article: Off The Air: PS2 Colts at Steelers

This is great, thanks for sharing your material.

We have 3 hour practices now. Dungy and Caldwell practices lasted an hour and 45 minutes.
    I was thinking about this the other day, about another coach. Players really seem to respond well to shorter, well-organized practices that are all business and no time wasted standing around. So I wonder if a 3 hour practice is a bad sign?

We(I) appreciate the additional information from the meetings. Always cool to get "different" informaiton that wasn't used fro various reasons.

Blog Entries
    Very cool and much appreciated. Freeney does sound funny. Luck sounds like a smart guy (duh, Stanford) and student of the game.

Many thanks Andy, look forward to reading in the future.

Blog Entries
    Awesome.

The Wayne quote about talent in the recieving corps is just confidence building for the younger guys.

I have a question.

Its about that practice thing on which I commented. Normally, you only hear about the length of practices when a coach is doing well. If he runs those short, tight, highly-organized practices, you often hear about it.

Here's the question: are there any unsuccessful coaches who also run shorter, highly-efficient practices?

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I have a question.

Its about that practice thing on which I commented. Normally, you only hear about the length of practices when a coach is doing well. If he runs those short, tight, highly-organized practices, you often hear about it.

Here's the question: are there any unsuccessful coaches who also run shorter, highly-efficient practices?
    I don't know the answer to that. My guess is that you'll find successful and unsuccessful coaches of every style.

9. Great stuff Andy.....have the Colts/Bengals in the last pre-season game. Ready to roll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I don't know the answer to that. My guess is that you'll find successful and unsuccessful coaches of every style.
    Makes sense. Thanks for answering.