Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we do for a backup QB?

What do we do for a backup QB?

Eli will be fine, we all know he is tough as nails, but after doing his Ric Flair impersonation the other night, he sits against Pittsburgh. And Sorgi is out 2-3 weeks at least w/ another shoulder injury...so we have Bomar and some kid signed off the street yesterday as our QB's, with Gilbride saying we could see some of Antrel Rolle at QB in an emergency...me no likey. Who knew losing David Carr would be such a big deal? So do you guys think we should consider signing one of the unemployed vets out there-Garcia, Collins-or not worry because Eli doesn't miss regular season games?

Blog Entries

Any takers?
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

i really dont think we do anything for a back up QB i have faith in bomar he throws a beautiful ball and with a year of mechanics under him im really excited to see what he has on saturday night against a tough steelers first team D. nothing like throwing the kid into the fire during the preseason!

Quote Originally Posted by KabaModernFan View Post

Any takers?

Hmmmmm why not.......sign him for the league minimum maybe he will come in motivated knowing he's the 3rd or 4th QB on the depth chart.....I kno ur probably joking but it could be a good thing u never kno, I think he cld use a guy like Tom Coughlin in his life....
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

Blog Entries
    Well, with JaMarcus, he could have so much codeine in him that he would not feel the hits. Was that too low of a blow?
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

I'd rather have Rolle back there than Russell

They should have re-signed Carr. If Eli goes down, write off this season.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

Quote Originally Posted by buzmeg View Post
    Coughlin should call his buddy Parcells down in Miami and ask for Pennington. He would get a warm welcome back to New York. We will gladly accept a third round pick next year and that kid Cruz, he looks like he has no future in the league (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by buzmeg View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think Carr wanted to go somewhere that he could have a chance to compete to be a starter. I bet he takes over from Alex Smith by year's end.

I agree though I would have loved to have him back and w/out Eli the Giants are done.

What about Rosenfels? He'd probably cost too much in a trade because of the outside chance he has of being a starter again if Favre goes down. But I think he's a better insurance policy than Jackson is and ever will be, so I'd think his value would drive his price up. But I'd consider it.

Heck, I'm guessing Jeff Garcia would leave Omaha at the drop of a hat if they came calling.