Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 186

Thread: TV club discussion thread

  1. #1

    TV club discussion thread

    We have our two shows:

    Revolution starts Monday, September 17 on NBC (wait, that can't be right. NBC? really?)

    Vega$ starts April 25th 1978 on ABC starring Robert Urich as Dan Tanna. I should double check that.
    Vegas (with an s not a $) starts Tuesday, September 25 on CBS, starring Dennis Quaid as Robert Urich.

    I was surprised by the vote. I thought it would be Last Resort and Elementary.

    Anyone who voted for a show is honor bound to watch until it starts to suck.

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    3,141
    I'm going to watch Last Resort anyway and report weekly (maybe daily) what an awesome show it is that you're missing. Unless it too sucks. In which case, you may ban me again, this time for futzing up the bandwidth.

    Now I have to go look up Elementary ...
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

  3. #3
       
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,544
    I have the first episode of Copper sitting on my DVR awaiting a review.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    I'm going to watch Last Resort anyway and report weekly (maybe daily) what an awesome show it is that you're missing.
    I'm with ya.

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    3,564
    Elementary absolutely didn't do it for me, and I have no plans to watch it unless I hear it's fantastic by people I respect. I won't hold my breath.

    I'll join Mama Bear in watching Last Resort and will report back.

    But, I'll also play along and check out Revolution and Vegas with the rest of you knuckleheads.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    But, I'll also play along and check out Revolution and Vegas with the rest of you knuckleheads.
    Not just knuckleheads, I'm watching too.

  7. Pruitt gave the Vegas pilot a nice review. Add to that a cast that includes Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid and I'll definitely be watching.

    I have to say, I am surprised to see Revolution getting a nod over Last Resort. But I did participate in the vote (IT WAS RIGGED, I TELL YOU!!) and I will honor my commitment.

    This will be my first appointment viewing of a scripted NBC show since Law & Order went off the air a couple years ago.
    One Pride.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Elementary absolutely didn't do it for me, and I have no plans to watch it unless I hear it's fantastic by people I respect. I won't hold my breath.

    I'll join Mama Bear in watching Last Resort and will report back.

    But, I'll also play along and check out Revolution and Vegas with the rest of you knuckleheads.

    I just have never been a fan of Johnny Lee Millers work, yet he keeps getting leading roles in shows.


    I'm planning on starting a Last Resort thread when it comes around, and maybe any other show multiple people end up watching.

  9. #9
    looks like the pilot for Revolution is already online here:


    http://tvline.com/2012/09/04/jilian-...-utah-channel/

  10. #10
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,694
    Blog Entries
    1
    I will say this.....I know what everyone likes isn't the same as what I like, but I thought the Pilot for Revolution was phenomenal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •