Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Moments In Browns' History Part 43

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Modell gets credit for leaving the name, colors and history in Cleveland. He didn't have to do that.
    Hey Wax, do me a favor and please explain specifically who besides yourself gives Modell credit for that. Im looking forward to and will be awaiting your answer.

Blog Entries
    Also, I'd like to point out, saying that Modell didn't have to do that overlooks the fact that the City of Cleveland had his balls in a legal vice and would have prevailed in court had they wished to pursue forcing the Browns to play out their lease in Cleveland, which lasted another couple seasons. It would have ruined Modell financially and the league would have had a continuing public relations nightmare. Modell had to make those kinds of concessions in order to get the team out of town. It wasn't simply that he was a nice guy after all.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
    Hey Wax, do me a favor and please explain specifically who besides yourself gives Modell credit for that. Im looking forward to and will be awaiting your answer.

It was a negotiation. Takes two to tango.

But look elsewhere if you want to have an argument. I know better than to dance with the embittered.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    It was a negotiation. Takes two to tango.

But look elsewhere if you want to have an argument. I know better than to dance with the embittered.
    Nope, not looking for an argument there bro. I'm just simply correcting incorrect statements your providing. As far as bitter you mention...were starting on season 14 since we came back and almost 17 years since this event has happened. So were over it, that train has come and gone. Different era, team, owner, coach, management and league.

MK is correct in his statement and it was not a negotiation. The city could have threw him to the wolves, but didn't. Let's not forget the underlying cause of all this, he ended up broke b/c of his own actions and decisions. I don't care if you praise him or hate him. Just get the story straight that's all. Nothing personal man but don't post something that's incorrect and not expect someone to call you out.
    Last edited by BobbyJ; 09-07-2012 at 04:11 PM.