Thread: Article: Kramer Passed Over for HOF

Blog Entries

Article: Kramer Passed Over for HOF

Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

2. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Kramer belongs in the Hall of Fame.

3. If you are new to FP and are up for a little Pro Football Hall of Fame Bracketology, check out the FootballPros.com Get This Man a Gold Jacket Hall of Fame Bracket Challenge.

We nominated 64 potential Hall of Famers and then proceeded to have a single elimination tournament to determine the one man we thought most deserving of a bust in Canton.

4. Played vs. Curly Culp....definitely a HOF caliber player. Tough to argue with Robinson's achievements as well. There are a lot of defensive stars that played in the late 60's and 70's that will be getting a lot of attention by the Seniors Committee. Ken Anderson has to wait a while as does Kramer until this run of defensive players ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lapham View Post
    Played vs. Curly Culp....definitely a HOF caliber player. Tough to argue with Robinson's achievements as well. There are a lot of defensive stars that played in the late 60's and 70's that will be getting a lot of attention by the Seniors Committee. Ken Anderson has to wait a while as does Kramer until this run of defensive players ends.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Becasue of the offensive explosion, there will be alot of defensive players elected so when the next run of current offensive players make it, it will not be as lopsided in teh HoF.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

Culp was traded from Kansas City to Houston for the ill fated John Matuszak. I've seen Curley and Curly today (wikipedia had both in the same page, fixed that). It seems to be Curley.

Dave Robinson and Jerry Kramer likely had an interesting phone call today. Robinson has done a terrific job on the NFL films specials I've seen, I think that has helped keep him in the minds of the senior selection committee.

Blog Entries
    Peter King had a piece on Jerry Kramer in this week's MMQB & he should of gotten better consideration. I know his eligibility was up in 1988 & got another shot in 1998 but hopefully he can get another shot again. I wish the HOF debates were aired months or years later for us to see how they do it. The voting process certainly wouldn't bore fans with some of the misses each year.