Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Packers 2012 cut down

  1. #11
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    3,608
    Something else that concerned me as I attempt to read way too much into a preseason game: The inability of the Packers to stop the friggin run during the period the starters were playing. KC was just moving the ball at will down the field, and it was kind of frustrating seeing them pick up big chunks of yardage on the ground like it was no big deal.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    I'm still watching the game, but I thought Boykin looked like the best receiver of the night, at least in the first half.

    Also, am I crazy for feeling like maybe our offense is a bit out of sync? Starters go three and out in both series tonight.. WTF?
    Looks like you had a good eye. Boykin stays.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Something else that concerned me as I attempt to read way too much into a preseason game: The inability of the Packers to stop the friggin run during the period the starters were playing. KC was just moving the ball at will down the field, and it was kind of frustrating seeing them pick up big chunks of yardage on the ground like it was no big deal.
    Raji and Clay were pulled early, that probably didn't help.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  4. #14
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Raji and Clay were pulled early, that probably didn't help.
    It sounds like Raji's ankle is going to be OK but I hate him having that kind of setback after the great camp he'd had. With Muir being released things are going to be tricky if BJ is hobbled for a bit.

  5. #15
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    1,860
    Really surprised at the release of Gurley.


    Only other roster moves that had mgoing hmmm were teh OL. Sounds like we shall be active later
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,230
    They're official now...

    http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-a1a914c94005

    The final three:

    Sherrod to PUP
    So’oto to IR
    Coleman was released

    Manning made the team and I have no idea why.

  7. #17
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,230
    The roster is updated if you like. You'll notice we've gone starvin' Marvin on the OL.

    I missed on Richardson, Manning, Muir, Daniels, Wells and Van Roten.

    I anticipate a number of changes over the weekend and into Monday and didn't even bother taking a shot at the practice squad yet.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by edave View Post
    The roster is updated if you like. You'll notice we've gone starvin' Marvin on the OL.

    I missed on Richardson, Manning, Muir, Daniels, Wells and Van Roten.

    I anticipate a number of changes over the weekend and into Monday and didn't even bother taking a shot at the practice squad yet.
    That's good news for Sherrod. Probably means he's very close.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  9. #19
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    That's good news for Sherrod. Probably means he's very close.
    Well... that means he's untouchable for 6 weeks. We have 7 on OL right now. I and everyone else I read expect that to change soon.

    And I got to see my first HS game of the year.

  10. #20
    It's good for Sherrod seeing as not thought it'd be a season ending injury for this season too.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •