Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Packers 2012 cut down

Packers 2012 cut down

Let's argue about the roster changes to come here.

Defensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Playing 4 years on the OL and DL I can tell you first hand you get gassed quickly. A good rotation mitigates that and if we have one with Raji, Wynn, Worthy, Muir, Pickett, and Merling, watch our pass d become respectable again.
    I think that the pecking order right now is (based mostly on playing time and who they play with):

Pickett, Raji, Wilson, Merling, Muir, Worthy, Daniels, Wynn, Neal, Guy and Jones.

The Packers want 8 and can easily keep 6. I believe Wynn is likely gone; too bad, I've always liked his effort and attitude. Daniels becomes the bubble guy. I need to research how a suspended player effects the final 53 (I don't think he does) and the salary cap (owed monies are booked at interesting times) but Mike Neal could go off to serve his suspension and the team could basically pretend they never heard of him until week 5.

Suspended guys: Do not count against the 53, do not get paid for the duration of the suspension (though the guaranteed money counts vs the cap)...they're going to do that with Neal and Walden. Neal will make the roster because of tat and if he's healthy, he could possibly contribute. I don't trust him though. I think the DL unit is...

Raji, Pickett, Merling, Worthy, Wilson, Muir with a decision on Neal after his suspension.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Packa is correct in that suspended guys don't count against the teams 53 man roster.

I was a bit surprised to see Hargrove was cut yesterday until I heard about him becoming disgruntled over the lack of reps in games and practice. The Packers aren't generally a team who puts up with head cases, and with Hargrove missing the first half of the season, there was no real reason for the team to have him take reps from players who will see the field in the early part of the season. I think it's possible he could become a late season pickup should we suffer the injury bug at the position.

The Herb Taylor cut doesn't surprise me. The guy's a turnstile and we need a wall at the position.

Say hello to your #2 QB, Graham Harrell.

It's a bit uglier with the remnant OL but there is no way he's getting cut tomorrow.

Which WR (if any) would you keep tomorrow?

o Boykin
    o Gurley
    o Borel
    o Moss

I added Moss because Bill Huber was raving about him on a podcast I listened to last night.

I'd like to see Boykin stick around, but can see just about any combination come to pass with some claiming happen as they hit the waiver wire.

I think Gurley makes the team, and Borel is picked up by somebody, unless Jones is somehow traded to Miami (per the NFLN rumor), tehn both Borel and Gurley make the teeam. Boykin and Moss are to teh practice squad, unless Minnesota goes after Moss.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

I'm still watching the game, but I thought Boykin looked like the best receiver of the night, at least in the first half.

Also, am I crazy for feeling like maybe our offense is a bit out of sync? Starters go three and out in both series tonight.. WTF?

definitely out of sync at times. We still tend to be feast or famine, even when pluggin on all cylinders, which we are not right now.
    "Make sure you come to the game day chat to see my feeble attempts at typing there, it's abhorrent. "
    or as gobig calls it "Ragaring"

@Ragar

Twitter was, well, atwitter with people bouncing the Jones trade rumor around too. The Dolphins do have a new round 2 next season. I dearly hope it doesn't happen.

As for claimants, Minnesota is one I hadn't thought about. We know Indy is going to grab talent they think will help and Miami is desperate. For that matter the Jet's need someone to catch a ball thrown in their direction and Boykin fits that bill.

@SpartaChris

Not crazy at all as last year was mostly a very long anomaly. The O is like an old Jag and has been since 2007 or so (definitely 2008); it's a purring machine when it gets rolling but it can be cranky about getting out the garage some days. Remember beating the Jets 9-0 and losing to Detroit 3-7 in 2010. Or just remember KC last year.