Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Ring Circus- Jets offense is truly OFFENSIVE

3 Ring Circus- Jets offense is truly OFFENSIVE

By the time everyone wakes up tomorrow the tannebaum inflicted 3 ring circus should be on full display. The 1st team offense has amassed a grand total of ZERO touchdowns on 15 drives this pre season. Yep, we can say its just the preseason. But really?? ZERO TOUCHDOWNS???

What happens when the defenses get HARD to play against? When they don't play a vanilla scheme, and they blitz all the time? Sanchez continues to suck (because he's not very good) and he's replaced by tebow by game 4. Tebowmania will be in full swing by week 2 at this rate. You can't do worse than ZERO tds in 15 tries. {Wax better get his diet cokes ready to make amends on his bets} .

Some may point to injuries. That's a factor. Here's the important nugget behind that factor. Tannebaum spent too much money on free agent pick ups and contract extensions, without any thought of the whole team. They have no depth because they spent so much on very few (bart Scott really appreciates it BTW). Then tannebaum traded for tebow. One guy self created this fiasco. Then add in the one liners, self aggrandizing tenor, and boastful blather of the hc and its the perfect storm of dysfunction.

Can't wait to see things blow up...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

The Jets wide receivers and tight ends are horrible. Remember Cromartie's comment about possibly being the second best wide receiver on the team? There was some truth to that. And their OL is horrible too. It pretty much doesn't matter who is QBing, they are going to suck on offense. They just have to hope that their defense plays well and they can establish enough of a run game to have whoever is behind the center time to make passes.

the beat goes on in NYC.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Jets first-rounder Quinton Coples complains about having to play with second defense http://t.co/0NzzjeUH

Will Rex last the year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes27 View Post
    The Jets wide receivers and tight ends are horrible. Remember Cromartie's comment about possibly being the second best wide receiver on the team? There was some truth to that. And their OL is horrible too. It pretty much doesn't matter who is QBing, they are going to suck on offense. They just have to hope that their defense plays well and they can establish enough of a run game to have whoever is behind the center time to make passes.
    they have 2 perennial pro bowler s on that Ol. Half the league would forfeit their souls for that. It pretty much does matter who is quarerbacking, because the giants arguably have no ol either, the packers don't. The Steelers neither. They are still serious contenders for the Super bowl.

I said it 2 years ago: the jets are too top heavy. Mike articulated it better, but the jets have too much money spent in too few units, and that curtails your depth. Lb, db and ol. You can spend that kind of money in a qb, but he has to be worth it. They've used too many mid round picks on trades, the picks you use for Roster depth.

The jets put together short term teams ever since they traded for Favre. At some Point economics catches up to everybody.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Oh this is shaping up to be a fun year!
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

“We’re saving all our good stuff for the regular season,”
    -Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

Blog Entries
    Shadenfraude is the reason I watch half the games in the NFL.

The Jesters are the best at it.

FWIW, I'm having a terrific time!

Though, in Rex's defense, he toned down the blather considerably this off/preseason. Still didn't help. That offense is anemic. At this rate, my Pats are looking at sweeping the division, maybe splitting once with the Bills.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    FWIW, I'm having a terrific time!

Though, in Rex's defense, he toned down the blather considerably this off/preseason. Still didn't help. That offense is anemic. At this rate, my Pats are looking at sweeping the division, maybe splitting once with the Bills.
    The Phins have a very good D. If the Bills mesh well on D, and the OL keeps Fitz upright, they are sneaky good. I expect a 2010 Vikings collapse for the Jesters.

Quote Originally Posted by buzmeg View Post
    “We’re saving all our good stuff for the regular season,”
    -Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez
    Well, I would be worried if I was a Jets fan. Although preseason performance does not always reflect how well the regular season goes. So who knows, the Jets might be able to figure out something by the time the regular season starts, but I wouldn't count on it.