Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Ring Circus- Jets offense is truly OFFENSIVE

Blog Entries
    By the way, I think QBs should have a moratorium on their nicknames until they actually achieve something.

The Sanchize got his handle 5 minutes after the draft. Very little Franchise, alot of Dirty Sanchez.

Matty Ice got his after a season of handing off to Michael Turner. So far, I have seen little of Ice, except for the shattering under pressure.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    By the way, I think QBs should have a moratorium on their nicknames until they actually achieve something.

The Sanchize got his handle 5 minutes after the draft. Very little Franchise, alot of Dirty Sanchez.

Matty Ice got his after a season of handing off to Michael Turner. So far, I have seen little of Ice, except for the shattering under pressure.
    I think it was Dave Dameshek (could be wrong) but after the 2010 divisional game where Rodgers smoked Atlanta, he goes "I got a nickname for Matty Ice. How about, "Matt"?
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

The line has 2 pro-bowlers. Mangold is the best Center in the league, according to most people. Not many teams can say the same. Sure, they don't have a very good RT, but alot of teams have weakness at the OL somewere. Those QBs are the reason the line looks so bad.

Last year the Pats lsot their starting center in week 2, and nary a bleep waqs heard. The Jets lost their center last year, and the whole offense fell apart for 3 weeks. Romo had a makeshift line that hasn't played together for a regular season game loose it's starting center midstride and adjusted. Alex Smith was behind one of the worst pass protecting units last year, and he figured out a way around it. They don't have a pro-bowler, let alone 2, on the line.

Ok, Brady/Pats been able to adjust is expected of one of the best ever.
    Romo excelling against the best pass rush in the league.... that's harder to do, but Romo has always been aknowledged as talented.
    But ALEX freaking Smith???? (they ranked 4th worst in Sk% last year, and FO ranked them 25th in pass protection)

I'm tired of the Jets blaming the OL, the front office and everybody else for the fact that they don't have even a bottom tier NFL QB on the roster. Last year, the Jets ranked 17th in Pass protection, not exactly the worst unit in the league). Santonio Holmes is still a SB MVP, and Dustin Keller is a pretty good pass catcher. Nobody is expecting that personnel to become the greatest show on turf, but they should actually be average.
    What I get out of this post is that you compared Sanchez to one of the best QB's in the history of the game, and then you compared him to a QB supported by the 8th best rushing attack in the NFL.

We agree that Sanchez isn't Brady. I would hope that we also agree that the Jets 22nd-ranked rush attack isn't as good as the 49ers'.

Sanchez is not a strength. He's indecisive, he holds the ball, takes sacks and he's often inaccurate. But we can all see his protection is leaky and the Jets' desperate need for competent wide receivers led to Santonio Holmes. I notice you cite Holmes, a guy who was kicked out of the huddle by his own teammates, as a strength. That's a bit of a stretch.

The Jets offense has many problems. I think it's fashionable, but incorrect, to lay all the blame at the feet of Mark Sanchez.

The Kolb/Skelton and Sam Bradford would kill for the Jets OL. 2010 Peyton Manning would have killed for that line (and saved himself at least 1 neck surgery I think). The Superbowl champion Giants would find that line an upgrade. Nobody's going to confuse them with the Hogs, or the 90's Dallas line, but in the cap limited era we live in, there is a lot of talent on that line, a lot of coaching talent on that team. At some point you have to look at the QBs and say WTF! It's not like the Jets are trying 7 step drops or Martz-like receiver routes. They run the bootleg, the play-action, and run the heck out of the ball.
    The Jets didn't "run the heck out of the ball" last season. They were exactly middle of the NFL pack in rush attempts last season, 16th. That's about where they were in pass attempts, too. In round numbers, 28 rushes per game, 34 passes per game. They tried a balanced attack and couldn't make it work.

Their average of 3.4 yards per rush was third worst in the entire NFL. So not exactly studly run support to relieve the pressure on a mediocre QB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    The Jets didn't "run the heck out of the ball" last season. They were exactly middle of the NFL pack in rush attempts last season, 16th. That's about where they were in pass attempts, too. In round numbers, 28 rushes per game, 34 passes per game. They tried a balanced attack and couldn't make it work.

Their average of 3.4 yards per rush was third worst in the entire NFL. So not exactly studly run support to relieve the pressure on a mediocre QB.
    You may be right, but that is the wrong way to look at it. It doesn't take into account total plays. You have to look at run/pass ratio. I have to leave for the airport in a few, but that will be a better judge.

Methinks the low rushing average would keep them around the middle of the pack ot just outside top ten, anyway, but it is the better way to look.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post

So when they were run first (09 and 2010), they were efficient. When they decided to open it up too more passing (see jets 2011), they sucked. I'm missing the part were this isn't on Sanchez.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

But wait, he made it to 2 AFCCGs...he HAS to be good.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

8. Run Tebow baby!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    "Bizarre scene" unfolding in Jets locker room as Bart Scott has to be separated from a reporter http://t.co/KnXNwtwv

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    "Bizarre scene" unfolding in Jets locker room as Bart Scott has to be separated from a reporter http://t.co/KnXNwtwv
    Media Mutiny... I'm guessing Bart Scott got confused regarding the HMS Bounty given his in depth study of the disciplinary nature of Captain Bligh.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte