Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your official 2012 NFL predictions -- predict anything you like

Your official 2012 NFL predictions -- predict anything you like

It's always a lot of fun to look back after a season is over, and see how badly you predicted the future.

But the only way it can happen, is if you make predictions before the season starts.

So jump in with your notions for 2012-13. Michael Vick injured more than he plays? RGIII a flop? Pete Carroll a genius? Post it here!

These are my gut beliefs:

* Seattle will be good. Maybe better than San Francisco.
    * Jacksonville will not be a doormat.
    * Arizona will be awful.
    * Jets will struggle.
    * Ryan Tannehill will rue the day Miami's training staff sprayed Teflon on the hands of all his wide receivers.
    * Something will shake-up the old order in the AFC. I think Cincinnati will be good and either Pitt or Balt will slide, maybe both.
    * Though it pains to me say this, after having seen his act at GaTech, I think ol' Chan Gailey may have a good season up his sleeve.

Whaddya got? Remember, this goes into a time capsule, to be opened after the Super Bowl. For shared hilarity, we need your predictions!

I think:

1. This is the year Father Time catches up with Pittsburgh. They will not make the playoffs, with their defense becoming just enough less effective. Their new offensive line, well, it unfortunately looks like that happens next year. Weird that their top draft picks are dropping like flies.
    2. I think the AFC East will have records that look a little inflated, just because of their NFC schedule. The Jets, for example, will finish 7-9, where in another year they would be more like 5-11.
    3. New England's defense will be much improved from last year.
    4. Except the Dolphins. 3-13.
    5. Buffalo will make it to the AFC Conference Championship Game. They will lose because of a Brad Smith fumble and dropped pass.
    6. The SGH helmet will get lots of press after another spate of concussions:
    7. Sometime in the next week I will perform a wedding ceremony. Some people are just goofy.
    8. Injuries will hit Kansas City by mid-October, bringing an otherwise promising season crashing down. I am thinking Moeaki and Charles to go with their interior D-Line apart from the soon to be disappointing Dontari Poe.
    9. Harbaugh really does limit the workload of Randy Moss through November, to great success. Runs him down in December in an effort to keep Seattle at bay.
    10. The quarterbacks in the NFC get no more interesting, but still get two thirds of the pre-game show press untill the playoffs, when only one of them, Foles, is still playing.

Blog Entries
    - Houston's offense collapses after another Schaub and Johnson injury, allowing the Titans to take over the crown at 8-8. The Texans D is exposed somewhat because they no longer get to play with a lead.

- The Vikings won't be as bad as most people are predicting. They lost way too many close games last year, and that trend will normalize this year.

- The football Demigod will retake his position as an up and coming star when he leads the Bucs to a division title while the Falcons continuous downgrading of the trenches comes back to haunt them

- Cam Newton will put up an even more awesome season, this time as more of a passer. For all those predicting a sophomore slump for him, I ask you to recall what you were all saying about him last year.

- After a couple of high profile stinkers as a starter, even ESPN and Skippy Bayless will grow tired of Tebow. (I admit this is a huge reach. Not the stinker by Timmy, but that Skippy would give up a schtick)

- Now that he can go back to pass rushing with 4, Belichick will remind us why he still qualifies as a Defensive genius.

- Rodgers will pass for some ridiculous numbers this years, but they won't be ridiculous enough (Only 40+ TD and a rating of 100+), and great cries of woe about his downfall and aging will begin. The media is full of idiots. Meanwhile the fact they will have a pass rush and a running game, allowing them to win on those rare Rodgers off days will remain hidden from the idiots.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

4. Here we go: Will try to pick a few not so obvious ones.

1) Greg McElroy will start a game for the Jets this year.
    2) The NFC East winner will go 10-6
    3) Cam Newton will throw for under 215yds per game over the season (Under 3440yds for 16 games) as his form from the second half of 2011 continues.
    4) The NFC superbowl team will once again be a wild card team.
    5) Jerry Rice's single season receiving yds record will remain intact, but like 1995, 2012 will have three receivers go for over 1650yds.
    6) McFadden finally plays a 16 game season & leads the league in rushing, Foster finishes outside the top 5.
    7) Thanks in part to schedule, both Jared Allen & Julius Peppers go for 20+ sacks, & will be two of four NFC North players to finish top 10 in sacks.
    8) Aaron Rodgers fails for a third straight year to play 16 regular season games.
    9) Carolina linebacking duo of Beason & Kuechly combine for over 250 tackles on the season.
    10) Three players will have 4+ return touchdowns (missed FGs included)... One of the three will, of course, be Devin Hester.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocomb View Post
    10) Three players will have 4+ return touchdowns (missed FGs included)... One of the three will, of course, be Devin Hester.
    Wow....it'll take about to week 7 for somebody to forget that you don't kick to Hester, if opponents are smart. Because Pagano comes from the AFC, somebody in Indy will kick it his way in the season opener, and people will remember the FP mantra: DON'T KICK TO HESTER
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I predict that at least 50% of the teams will have at least 50% TB on kickoffs.

1. The Jets will make the playoffs, with Tim Tebow making the majority of the starts
    2. The Cowboys wont lose any games when they lead by 12 points in the 4th quarter (they lost 3 last year)
    3. Adrian Peterson will rush for 1,200 yards
    4. Gronk will catch less than 10 TDs
    5. Superbowl pick: Bears over Texans

5. Buffalo will make it to the AFC Conference Championship Game. They will lose because of a Brad Smith fumble and dropped pass.
    Thanks for that Scott.

I think their will be hilarious calamity in Jets land.

I think Adrian Peterson won't hit 50 carries this year.
    Similarly, Peyton Manning will miss a lot of games.

I think the Saints will miss the playoffs, as will the Lions and Steelers.

And the Browns.

I think the Eagles are once again fools gold this season.

Playoff teams AFC: Patriots, Bills, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Broncos

Playoff teams NFC: Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Falcons, 49ers

Super Bowl: Patriots over Falcons
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

One team will be shutout of the playoffs in a tight race due to an early calamitous loss, attributable directly to officiating by replacement zebras. Roger, the Great Contortionist, will spin this is a way even I find inconceivable. "A good team should be able to overcome the adversity of dealing with Pretend Refs. They would have prepared for every scenario. They should have anticipated the level of ineptitude and gameplanned for it."

Whaddya think? You heard it here first.
    "When I suck, I'll retire." ~ Tom Brady

1. The Dolphins and Vikings will be in a battle for the #1 pick.
    2. The Jags will finish above .500.
    3. Joe Flacco will end up as an MVP candidate.
    4. No QB passes for more than 5000 yards.
    5. Josh Freeman will have a pro bowl worthy season.

EDIT: and 6. The Giants will miss the playoffs.
    Last edited by Docta; 09-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton