View Poll Results: The Final Four: Who advances?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • GoBigOrGoHome vs.

5 55.56%
  • mikesteelnation1

4 44.44%

0 0%
  • BobbyJ vs.

4 44.44%
  • tubbs1518

5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Final Four: Fictional Characters as Football Players Bracket Challenge

The Final Four: Fictional Characters as Football Players Bracket Challenge

We've advanced to the Final Four of the Fictional Characters Football Tournament. Which teams will advance?

GoBigOrGoHome vs. mikesteelnation1

BobbyJ vs. tubbs1518

The final match poll will go up Sunday. Vote for your winners.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to sound like sour grapes here, but I don't care. I voted for Biggie out of principle. As a raging comic book dork, there's no doubt my team was better than Mike's.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    Since I didn't explain my picks I will this round.

QB - Thor is one of the most powerful Super Heros in Marvel. He throws his hammer with great accuracy and a football should be the same. Also he can fly so he would be even harder to stop. He can call lightning as well. Darth Vader, while being able to use the force, is still a mortal and could be beaten easily.

RB - Nightcrawler is extremely fast and agile. Not only that, he can teleport himself whenever someone comes up to tackle him. Road runner, while fast and really cool would be eaten by the Hulk in one bite.

WR - Iron Man is probably a better WR than Invisible Woman. However Hulk has beaten the crap out of Iron Man many many times so I can't say I'm all that concerned with him. The Invisible woman can create force fields that are nearly indestructible when needed to block for Thor or Nightcrawler. She can also catch a bubble screen or run a reverse, turn invisible and no one would ever tackle her.

OL - He-Man is a good pick. Strong, smart. However Black Bolt shattered every bone in the Hulks body with a whisper. He would destroy the entire defense. If he screamed he would destroy an entire planet. No one on D could survive him.

DL - The Blob is an immovable object. He has his own gravitational pull to him. Also he is still extremely athletic. Wolverine is fierce, but he isn't big enough to play DL and even he can be blown away by Black Bolt.

LB - Hulk see, Hulk smash. What more could you want from your LB'er? Storm is a strong mutant, but she isn't a LB'er.

DB - Probably my best defensive player. Can stop time. How does anyone plan on completing a pass? Ball is in the air, stop time, pick it off, run it back. Pick 6. Also he has magic that no one else has. Punisher is a bad ass no doubt, but he doesn't have any super powers. He doesn't have the speed to keep up on a football field. There is a reason Batman wasn't picked.

ST - Supergirl is a strong player. However Scarlett Witch can alter reality. She would catch the punt and just alter reality enough that she could return every punt/kick for a TD.

good to see the right four advanced.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    good to see the right four advanced.
    You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Mikes QB is accurate but still throws at regular human speed, easily negated by a DB with superhuman reflexes. His WR that has this amazing ability to drain life force is useless since that only works on skin contact. His offense is only Silver Surfer. My QB can throw a 2000 MPH pass to a WR who runs at the speed of light. My team would kill his. Easily. But that's OK.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

seriously, why are the Brothers Grimm taking this so seriously?

Blog Entries
    I'm a sore loser. I wont lie. In this case, I should have won. If this were a comic book fan board, I would have. Admittedly Dicta only voted Mike because he explained his picks more. Regardless its all good. I was only responding to your unecessary comment

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    I'm a sore loser. I wont lie. In this case, I should have won. If this were a comic book fan board, I would have. Admittedly Dicta only voted Mike because he explained his picks more. Regardless its all good. I was only responding to your unecessary comment

why was it unecessary to say I think the right four people advanced?

And why insult Docta?

Quote Originally Posted by tubbs1518 View Post
    Since I didn't explain my picks I will this round.

QB - Thor is one of the most powerful Super Heros in Marvel. He throws his hammer with great accuracy and a football should be the same. Also he can fly so he would be even harder to stop. He can call lightning as well. Darth Vader, while being able to use the force, is still a mortal and could be beaten easily.

RB - Nightcrawler is extremely fast and agile. Not only that, he can teleport himself whenever someone comes up to tackle him. Road runner, while fast and really cool would be eaten by the Hulk in one bite.

WR - Iron Man is probably a better WR than Invisible Woman. However Hulk has beaten the crap out of Iron Man many many times so I can't say I'm all that concerned with him. The Invisible woman can create force fields that are nearly indestructible when needed to block for Thor or Nightcrawler. She can also catch a bubble screen or run a reverse, turn invisible and no one would ever tackle her.

OL - He-Man is a good pick. Strong, smart. However Black Bolt shattered every bone in the Hulks body with a whisper. He would destroy the entire defense. If he screamed he would destroy an entire planet. No one on D could survive him.

DL - The Blob is an immovable object. He has his own gravitational pull to him. Also he is still extremely athletic. Wolverine is fierce, but he isn't big enough to play DL and even he can be blown away by Black Bolt.

LB - Hulk see, Hulk smash. What more could you want from your LB'er? Storm is a strong mutant, but she isn't a LB'er.

DB - Probably my best defensive player. Can stop time. How does anyone plan on completing a pass? Ball is in the air, stop time, pick it off, run it back. Pick 6. Also he has magic that no one else has. Punisher is a bad ass no doubt, but he doesn't have any super powers. He doesn't have the speed to keep up on a football field. There is a reason Batman wasn't picked.

ST - Supergirl is a strong player. However Scarlett Witch can alter reality. She would catch the punt and just alter reality enough that she could return every punt/kick for a TD.
    You have already explained that just bc you have the hulk and black bolt that those two automatically beat everyone else. Although i dont agree with half of what you just explained. Im not about to get into a comic strip argument over this. Everyone is smart enough to know what each character is capable of, let them form their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    Chill out man, were all adults and this should be fun. Maybe you should join a comic book forum if this bothers you soo much