Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Video Game of All-Time

Blog Entries
    Good Answers Folks. I too like good sports games that have an impact beyond the console & GoldenEye was Legend all its own. Gotta Shout-Out to the Wii Sports (No Football!) but Love the Boxing and the Bowling Rules Hard!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Off the top of my head

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III (VI, if you want to be like that), Jak II.

For sports games, Tecmo Super Bowl and the old NFL Blitz games (NFL Blitz 2000 was the one I owned, but I played the others on the N64 and loved them).

I have a huge collection of NES games (300+) that I still play. I have the newer systems as well but for me, nothing is better than 8 bit glory. I don't know how many of you guys are huge gamers like I am but if you got me started, I could go on for hours over this topic.

Adventure Island, anyone?
    “The year we beat Miami in the Super Bowl, ... do you know how many defensive linemen were in our rotation? Nine, and we used them all quite a bit. We just wore the Dolphins out.”

~Bill Walsh

Tecmo Super Bowl will always be near and dear to my heart. However, I was a huge fan of Madden '98. It was the last Madden before the juke button and more sophisticated controls were used. It is simple, yet serves as a bridge between what we used to know (Tecmo) and what we love now (Madden '11).
    "It's your football team, FIND A WAY TO FIX IT! Reach down inside, and be a (bleeping) PRO!" - Marvin Lewis (Hard Knocks)

Off the top of my head:

Fallout 2
    Diablo 2
    Counter-Strike 1.6
    Team Fortress Classic
    NFL Blitz
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]

Fallout 3 has cemented itself in my heart as well. Love the hell out of that game.

FF7, Modern Warfare 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, GTA Vice City, NCAA 11, Madden 95, Mass Effect, Halo (all), Medal of Honor, Ace Combat 4
    "I suggest a new strategy Artoo...Let the Wookie win..."

I'm not a huge video game guy even though I feel like I should be for geek cred. One of the few series I really spend a lot of time on is Gran Turismo. GT3 probably wasted more of my life than other game.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I haven't played Madden in years. Not that it isn't a great game, but I'm so bad at it I just lose interest. It also doesn't help that the release date coincides with me shutting down the ps3 for 6 months.

Blog Entries
    Nice response to everyone AND notice the theme of Madden getting in your collection (or Not Andy!)

I've also enjoyed the Donkey Kong games! Donkey Kong 64 in 1999 has been a very Awesome experience. The arcade game is actually 29 years old!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    Fallout 3 has cemented itself in my heart as well. Love the hell out of that game.
    I lost so many hours of my life to Fallout 2 it's silly, so it's with that in mind and a heavy heart that I must woefully report I have yet to play 3
    [I]"Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're not talking about the game, we're talking about practice."[/I]