Thread: It is good when one's complaints get petty:

It is good when one's complaints get petty:

Dierdorf is doing commentary on this week's Bills game. I prefer Tasker, of course, but the Patriots make it closer to an A game. I even prefer Spiro Dedes and Steve Beuerlein, for all that Beuerlein sometimes misidentifies players, not just getting the wrong number, but the wrong team and position.

Blog Entries
    *sigh* I'd rather have Tasker too. Dierdorf has like a 3:1 ratio with dumb to smart comments.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Brings to mind the phrase '...has forgotten more about football than we will ever know.' That one needs a quantifier - exactly how much has he forgotten? Kiinda important in his current gig.

Dierdorf is blather. States the obvious as though it's a revelation. Deals in cliches. Very little insight. Used to like him, now can't stand him.

Dierdorf with sore throat merely made a brutal game that much worse.

I think the petty complaints could become major ones soon. Methinks the Texans knew what they were doing when they called a cab to take Mario Williams to the airport.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

I must admit - Dierdorf wasn't horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    I must admit - Dierdorf wasn't horrible.
    Didn't really listen to him much after the 3rd quarter got rolling. I was too busy yelling at the screen. Why is this happening to us?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

To toughen us for winter.

I am holding onto my summer thoughts - the Bills will lose five games this season, and two of them almost certainly to the Patriots and Jets. Houston and San Francisco were also excellent candidates.I won't get too down unless there is a problem with Miami, and will hold onto the feeling of calmness because I know that the tough games are front-loaded.

As for questionable coaching, I am working on a lengthy discussion of that, so my wife won't have to sit through it.

Blog Entries
    As sucky as attending that game was, at 3:10 Sunday afternoon, the feeling was euphoria. Bills up 21-7 and that's after giving away the ball when they should have scored at the end of the half. The D had been stopping the Pats, at least at long field goal range, which had been working pretty well. From that point on, they were gashed, they panicked and they choked. The Pats are the superior team. But the Bills still managed to get in position to win that game. After a few days away, the stench is a bit less and your call for a rebound in San Fran heartens me. You're never as good or as bad as you looked. This road game will tell much about the team's character. 1-1 the next two weeks will work for me.