Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bountygate Suspensions Levied

Final Bountygate Suspensions Levied

We debated the suspensions for a seemingly endless amount of time. About the legality, about the proof, about the cba.

The suspensions were nullified based on the premise GODell used to make them. Today he used exactly the premise he SHOULD have used from go. The same premise I've trumpeted since the beginning. One the players idioticly GAVE him in the new cba. The ability to be judge, jury, and executioner for any conduct that was perceived to be detrimental to the shield. No proof needed.

The suspended players may appeal, but its all for naught. They signed the cba that gave the commish that power. We may see more strife in the courts, as a last ditch attempt by the players. None of it will change the iron clad cba, in which the players GAVE GODell that power. It all ends with them all serving mostly the same suspensions.

We all argued forever about the issue, and most ignored the cba. Insisting on "proof". No one got their proof, and the end result was exactly what I expected based on the cba.. I'm just sayin...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Lol Mike, it's a kangaroo court! Or a private business, one of those two...

I'm not surprised by this at all. Goodell is standing up to Vilma and telling him to f off basically. Vilma wanted evidence...there it is buddy.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Finally!! The Kangaroo has been destroyed.

You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

4. Fire goodell!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackers34 View Post
    Fire goodell!!!!
    Why would the owners fire GODell??? He's been the goose that lays golden eggs for them. 10yr cba that greatly favors the owners, record tv contracts as a result, and a huge crack down on player behavior, both off the field and on it.

I've gone on record numerous times as a fan saying I hate his politics. How he picks and chooses who he suspends and for how long, based solely on his opinion. Hate it, but it is what it is. On the flip I've also gone on record to admonish his ability as a biz guy to make things happen.

Bottom line is the guy has a very long term contract, one likely to be extended because he makes the owners $$$$!!!! All the nonsense about bounty gate and the concussion suits have detracted from what ol rog got in the cba. He totally raped the nflpa in the process. The nflpa got punched in the face, and got their lunch money stolen. Like forever. They didn't read the agreement, or didn't understand it, or they wouldn't have signed it. The players got given the business in that deal. That's fact...

Now everyone wants to complain when the commish uses the power the players WILLINGLY fricking GAVE HIM!!! I'll shed no tears.. Vilma and the other saints guys did what they did. They know it, wr know it. They tried to find a loop hole. One that didn't exist, just like I've said since GO. The commish can ALWAYS suspend for conduct detrimental to the shield with no oversight. Those appeals go directly to the commish. No other recourse. These idiot saints players just wasted much time and tax payer money to appeal stuff based on HOW they got suspended..

Now the commish enacted the power the cba gave him (like he should have from go) and the players still want to buck the system they signed into.. its a labor issue contractually agreed to by those attempting to buck the commish's opinion. Another waste of taxpayer money to even litigate... The cba is air tight as to the commish's power. It's CLEARLY stated its within his power to suspend for the reasons he did...game over. Suspension stands... It's all commish decided gray area, an area the nflpa agreed to.

Perhaps the players who have issue with their suspensions should AHEM, try to READ and UNDERSTAND the cba they bought into and signed. In the case they can't do either (sadly, that's actually possible) they should refer to the quite adept pic Curtis posted previous to help them "get it" ..
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 10-14-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackers34 View Post
    Fire goodell!!!!
    Well that's insightful...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's time for Drew Brees to shut up already and get back to worrying about his football team's lousy year? Him yappin' about Roger ruining the league, as the face of those player negotiations and CBA (with the help of that moron De Smith), is akin to marrying a girl he met in a bar and then complaining that she's an alcoholic. Well duh!

What a joke. At this point, I don't care who gets hammered for what anymore. The games go on. GODdell rules because he was given the power to.
    NFL = National Football Liars

wish I had posted the tweet from the other day about the ridiculousness of the players dragging this out.

I agree Drew Brees has officially jumped the shark in my eyes. Time to just shut up and go play ball.

The time to limit Goodell's disciplinary powers over players was during CBA negotiations, not now, a year later. Obviously the players didn't feel strongly enough about this particular issue during negotiations, or else they would have negotiated it out of the CBA. They made their bed, now they need to lay in it. Time for all these guy's to just shut up and play ball.

Drew Almighty needs to close his mouth about Goodell and worry more about improving his horrible football team. No one cares anymore, Drew. With the exception of NBC trying to get some ratings, no one cared about an insignificant passing record (that will likely be broken again and again in this age of passing). Maybe NBC will play some theme music for Brees' touchdowns like they do with Cruz.

Oh and Rivers is a better QB than Brees. Period.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.