Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Officially a Laughing Stock

Blog Entries
    We almost had a grand slam this week. Browns win and the Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens all lose. Only missed by about a foot and a half.
    @kocsan

The Browns are clearly not a good team... but I honestly think they could beat a number of teams with decent records.

Watched the Bills-Cardinals game yesterday. Arizona has the capability of losing 8 straight games. And they are tied in first.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Well, they're certainly not good, but I think I speak for most Browns fans when I say that if you haven't won a game since last November, you start to go a little stir-crazy. We needed to win a game, and we won a game. We're not good, but as I've said before, there is more raw talent in Cleveland right now than there has been at any time since maybe the 1990s, and certainly at least since the Butch Davis era. We're talented enough right now to stay competitive with most teams, but also young enough to lose to most of them. I still think they will get better, but for now it's just nice to win one.
    @kocsan

Also, the Browns would cream the Chiefs.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Browns were always better than their 0-5 record. I thought they'd be a 6-10 team this year, and without looking at their schedule they still might get there.

Bengals had a chance to put them away, and to the Browns credit it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, but considering the ravens only beat the chiefs by 3, I dunno.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    Yeah. They have all our old players and coaches. And the Browns will get a chance to prove your hypothesis.

Being honest, I think they can beat Oakland and Indianapolis. I still don't believe in Washington, and I have serious doubts about Denver. Don't get me wrong on Denver, I think they're better than we are, and so are Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego, and Dallas. Especially with Baltimore's recent injuries, though, I don't see anyone on that schedule that looks unstoppable. They're certainly not going 11-5, but 5-11 is well within reach, and that's a hell of a lot better than things looked at 0-5.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, but considering the ravens only beat the chiefs by 3, I dunno.
    We'd have some trouble stopping Jamaal Charles, but I have faith in Brian Daboll to light things up in the first quarter and then be completely unable to adjust to the defense. Also, at least we get KC at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181
    Browns were always better than their 0-5 record. I thought they'd be a 6-10 team this year, and without looking at their schedule they still might get there.
    This is probably true, as well, but they went just a little too long without a win. They really ought to have beaten Philly, Buffalo is clearly skittish enough to be beaten had the Browns not played their worst game of the season against them, and Baltimore tried to give the Browns that Thursday night game. They needed one of those. In any case, looking at their schedule, I don't think six wins for the season is completely unreasonable.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Also, the Browns don't play them this year, but let us not forget how terrible Jacksonville is just because they didn't play this week.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    The Ravens only beat the Chiefs by 3 but the Ravens aren't as good as their record says they are either.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco