Thread: pre season game 2

pre season game 2

things im looking for in the second pre season game.
    1. i would like to see the first team offensive line show some cohesion and gel and really start to run the ball.
    2. i want to see the coverage on the first team d tighten up playing 13 yards off the snap is just to much give.
    3. of course our new blue stadium
    4. consistency from dodge we need to make a decision if he is our punter or if we have to look elsewhere
    5. Kenny Phillips and Keith Bullock just want to see smooth transition and maybe some closing speed
    6. Nobody get hurt!
    7. Cinderella Victor Cruz
    8. Rhett Bomar can we trust him in a real game

anyone have anything else they are looking forward to seeing?

JPP to make some plays - B. Graham from the eagles looks like a beast. I am sick of them jumping ahead of us in drafts and getting suds at the positions we are looking for (Maclin last year)

Linvall to get pressure up the middle

Sintim to do anything

Canty (see above)
    - Dom

Offensive line to look cohesive: in my opinion looked like crap against the Jets.

Defensive line to look like a Giants D-line should: I didn't see anything from the Jets game to make me feel optimistic. JPP ended up on his knees his first play, on his back the second, and didn't make a single memorable play the whole game. He could spell the end of Reese's career as GM if he doesn't play MUCH better.

It's the second game of the pre-season! Give the guy at least a little rope!

Quote Originally Posted by section124 View Post
    things im looking for in the second pre season game.
    1. i would like to see the first team offensive line show some cohesion and gel and really start to run the ball. we need snee back to really tell how the oline will be
    2. i want to see the coverage on the first team d tighten up playing 13 yards off the snap is just to much give.
    3. of course our new blue stadium.................................... i did not attend last night but heard mixed reviews
    4. consistency from dodge we need to make a decision if he is our punter or if we have to look elsewhere....... more question marks in the punting game i miss feagles
    5. Kenny Phillips and Keith Bullock just want to see smooth transition and maybe some closing speed...phillips i didnt notice at all but thats ok he didnt even play a handful of downs i saw bullock make some good d calls from the MLB and 2 solid tackles
    6. Nobody get hurt! aside from the 2 concussion we came out injury free(not including the jacobs neck injury)
    7. Cinderella Victor Cruz 2 catches for 30 yards but drew a huge P.I. call in the endzone which was a great job by him vet move in my opinion
    8. Rhett Bomar can we trust him in a real game...... mixed reviews from rhett i think if jacobs was in and the starting o-line plus nicks he would have done a little better. but guys miss games in the regular season so thats not a good excuse. but for his first start i was more then happy. i dont expect him to play anytime soon but i feel if god for bid he had to play we would be ok

anyone have anything else they are looking forward to seeing?

so thats my recap any thoughts lets hear it guys!

-Didn't catch a whole lot, but the defense looks better, and I loved the goal-line stand at the end of the half. But JPP needed to get Leftwich down. No excuse for that.

-Bomar looks like he could be a pretty solid bet at second-string in time. I can't really pin that much on him for the bad pick he threw.

-Matt Dodge needs work.

-Bradshaw should start over Jacobs. He's clearly the better of the two.

Blog Entries
    I'm really sorry guys, I just now got the post game wrap put up in the Game Threads (family in town this weekend). All stats are there as well.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain