Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Big Ben dinks and dunks

  1. #1
       
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,418

    Big Ben dinks and dunks

    “Haley’s offense is not a big-play offense,” he said. “It’s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.”

    http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz29vuUFmNd

    I have 100 bones on the line with my boys. I wagered that Haley and Ben would butt heads by week 8. Here we are at week 7, and when the Steelers get the L tonight I wonder if all hell will break loose. I may win this bet.

    Anyway, Ben needs to quiet down a bit. Statistically he is doing well dinking and dunking. He only has 2 INTs and he keeps drives going on 3rd downs. The short quick stuff should help him not get beat up in the pocket. It also keeps your underachieving defense off the field. But he is *****ing that he doesnt get to go deep. When you go deep you need a 7 step drop, and that o-line sucks with protection. That's why you dink and dunk Ben. DURRR. Haley is trying to keep you alive, as ordered by the Rooney's. Do your job and shut your mouth.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

  2. #2
    Rodgers did the same thing through game 5 to not die. Sometimes it's necessary.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  3. #3
    Will serve them well tonight if true. The biggest weakness of the bengals D this year has been short yardage pass D. They've been dunked and dunked to deat the last 4 weeks.

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Will serve them well tonight if true. The biggest weakness of the bengals D this year has been short yardage pass D. They've been dunked and dunked to deat the last 4 weeks.
    But the Bengals have played teams with better o-lines. Pittsburgh is an abyss of fail up front. I like the Bengals chances tonight.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

  5. #5
    I need Geno Atkins to have a huge night for fantasy. Sorry Mike, I'd like to see Ben on his back a bit please
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  6. #6
       
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,024
    I read this article this morning. It made me a bit angry as a fan. This dink and dunk scheme (that what its been so far) has been EXACTLY what the team needs. Ben spoke out in frustration (I'm assuming), based on his quite close friend and former oc being deposed as such, and the w-l record from 3 games we lost with a 4th quarter lead.

    Ben backed off his comments later as he was further questioned. It was his quick twitch and natural tendencies that led him to that point, added to the factors I mentioned. He loves arians, and loves going deep. I get that!! However this team isn't constituted to do such. Those 7 step drops got Ben killed.

    This offense is chock full of playmakers. Get them the ball in space and trust them to get it done. Get it out quick to equalize the fact the line sucks so bad. Hailey has highlighted those points. He called a masterful game tonight, even with "hands of stone" Wallace and "stevie wonder" batch.

    That dink and dunk offense kept Ben mostly clean (at least by our standards), especially considering how prolific the Bengals were at getting to the qb. This offense dictated the 2nd half and allowed the defense to quite loosely look like its supposed to. Haley called a great game, so I guess your bet is going to be offset another week Curtis.

    Agreed though Ben needs to keep more to himself. No need to make that comment. Do your job, and enjoy being knocked down so little. Haley is only trying to extend your career!!!

    I know its foreign Ben, but the coordinator is only doing what he's SUPPOSED to. Minimize the weaknesses. First and foremost that's the o line. That's why he's calling the short stuff, your line can't block. Please drop the grudge bc your buddy got fired, and embrace the guy who's doing what's best for you!!! I know its a foreign concept, since arians was always TRYING to get you killed, but please try...

    I know this. Andy dalton isn't very good. 105 yards and an int vs our defense??? He's easily confused, and accordingly makes bad throws. His accuracy is suspect, as is his arm strength.. our defense sucks right now, playing two gimpy olbs and a garbage safety. Cincy just made the secondary look great. Even given all the special teams penalties and our inability to stop any run before they gain 4 yards. They need a credible weapon on offense not named aj green...

    For the love of god please start Mcclendon at nt next week...
    Last edited by mikesteelnation1; 10-22-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    I know this. Andy dalton isn't very good. 105 yards and an int vs our defense??? He's easily confused, and accordingly makes bad throws. His accuracy is suspect, as is his arm strength.. our defense sucks right now, playing two gimpy olbs and a garbage safety. Cincy just made the secondary look great. Even given all the special teams penalties and our inability to stop any run before they gain 4 yards. They need a credible weapon on offense not named aj green...

    He wasn't awesome lastnight, but WR's also had 4 big drops. Plus the #2 WR was out, and the guy who was gonna replace him twisted his knee before the offense ever got on the field.

    Accuracy is one of his biggest strengths, and the arm strength conversation is beyond old.


    Bengals are really lacking a threat opposite of Green. Gresham had a nice 3-4 game stretch, but he was completely non-existant last night. So was Hawkins.


    One thing Dalton has to do better is letting plays develop, as was talked about in the game. He'll take the 6yd gain if its there quick, but at the expense of a potential 30yd gain if he holds the ball a little longer. Taking the 6yd gain isn't a bad thing, but if you're offense is struggling to sustain long drives you need to work to get bigger chunk plays.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-22-2012 at 07:43 AM.

  8. #8
       
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,418
    You're right Mike, I still have 1 week to get Halley and Ben eating throats.

    Dalton and the Bengals played near perfection in the 1stQ. Midway through the 2ndQ they started regressing. I was in shock when they all but flatlined in the 2nd half. The Bengals had the Steelers on the ropes and then they dumped what was working and got cute. The defense of the Bengals gave up too many plays. Overall the Bengals let one get away.

    On a side note, I hope the league hammers the Steelers for that injury BS with Sanders. Didn't they make a rule change because of the Giants last year? I can't recall. But seriously, that is exploiting the rules for a competitive advantage.
    You ask me why I lift, I wonder why you don't.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    You're right Mike, I still have 1 week to get Halley and Ben eating throats.

    Dalton and the Bengals played near perfection in the 1stQ. Midway through the 2ndQ they started regressing. I was in shock when they all but flatlined in the 2nd half. The Bengals had the Steelers on the ropes and then they dumped what was working and got cute. The defense of the Bengals gave up too many plays. Overall the Bengals let one get away.

    On a side note, I hope the league hammers the Steelers for that injury BS with Sanders. Didn't they make a rule change because of the Giants last year? I can't recall. But seriously, that is exploiting the rules for a competitive advantage.


    A very young Bengals offense is going through a lot of growing pains these last 3 weeks. Gruden also isn't doing them any favors. I think I've only seen 4 deep shots to Green in this three game losing streak.

    On defense, the Bengals traditionally play man coverage, but have switched to mostly zone this year and its just not working. The corners haven't been awful, but the linebackers and safeties are just getting killed in the middle of the field.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  10. #10
    btw, Heath Miller deserved the game ball last night. He rendered the injuries on the Pittsburgh oline virtually moot. Maybe the best blocking TE in the league.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •