Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Week 8

  1. #1
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,197

    Week 8

    Yep, I'm a little ahead of things here but I thought we should have a thread to discuss week 8 related events that don't wind up on the front page.

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,197
    Is is unusual for no odds to be published for a Sunday game by Tuesday morning? I hadn't seen it this year, but have not in the past paid it much heed. I might look around the day before a game, but that was the extent of things.

    For whatever reason, neither the Vegas odds makers nor their offshore counterparts have established any kind of odds for Sundays Jaguars at Packers game and I was wondering if that kind of thing is common.

    I've checked here (which has most of the Vegas stuff):

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

    And most of the offshore odds makers (5dimes.eu, betonline.ag, justbet.cx, topbet.eu and sportsbook.ag).

    Nada.

    If someone has some other odds makers I can add to my collection, toss them here.

  3. #3
    It is common when major injuries are not announced yet or if a particular QB is playing. It is off the table right now because of MJD injury.

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,197
    That makes sense, thanks! I'd seen them come out late, just not this late.

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    641
    Initial postings show GB is favored by 13.
    --
    buzmeg
    (aka bobC)

  6. #6
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    7,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gapinski View Post
    It is common when major injuries are not announced yet or if a particular QB is playing. It is off the table right now because of MJD injury.
    Gabbert was also injured, which could have caused a delay.

    On a side note, Jacksonville AT Green Bay will have a smaller spread than the Patriots favored over the Giants in Super Bowl XLII? I think this line should be GB -20.5. With the way their offense is playing, it should take a full 3 TDs to bet on them this week.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

    -Marion Motley

  7. #7
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetbdw View Post
    Gabbert was also injured, which could have caused a delay.

    On a side note, Jacksonville AT Green Bay will have a smaller spread than the Patriots favored over the Giants in Super Bowl XLII? I think this line should be GB -20.5. With the way their offense is playing, it should take a full 3 TDs to bet on them this week.
    I think that could be part of the problem. The opening odds on Monday were between -12.5 and -13 depending on where you look and then apparently everyone withdrew them. The Station Casinos book has the game at -14 and no one else has a listed line at all. OddsShark still has the BetOnline data listed, but it's gone on BetOnline.

    And I thought it was fun last week to watch the Jets at Patriots line bounce all over the place.

  8. #8
    I've noticed over the past dozen years or so, that this does occur every year in 'vegas. I've also noticed that the line may not be set until game day. This does happen more often for college games and even totals can be affected by a "player/team issue".

    The latest news I read from JAC HC is not firm on whether QB Gabbert will start or not. I do expect Henne to start and RB Jennings as well. And we'll see who starts in place of GB S Woodson (this will probably make more of a difference in their next game than this game). BTW did anyone else notice JAC scored only 2FGs after Gabbert went out? (1 score can be attributed to great field position from defense). Yep GB Rodgers can be only half as hot as he is now and still cover 3TDs. I just don't expect Henne to be much beyond "pre-season" mode as far as timing with WRs....

  9. #9
    http://www.sportsmemo.com/live_odds/
    they have a daily local radio show for a long time...

    there's donbest.com as well

    and if you want to read local 'vegas news try http://reviewjournal.sportsdirectinc...AllSports.aspx

    the newest sportsbook in vegas is william hill see http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en...-Football.html

  10. #10
       
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by xmenehune View Post
    http://www.sportsmemo.com/live_odds/
    they have a daily local radio show for a long time...

    there's donbest.com as well

    and if you want to read local 'vegas news try http://reviewjournal.sportsdirectinc...AllSports.aspx

    the newest sportsbook in vegas is william hill see http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en...-Football.html
    Thanks a bunch, all four were new to me and while a couple are purely aggregators they pull from some new sources I need to track down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •